Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Skypass Miles on Delta

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hurnik
I thought it was one seat in coach and one seat in Bus/FC only that Delta ever released. Is it possible that the one seat that was released has already been taken?
Well, I booked 5 DL seats in coach LAX-OGG via KE.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I've got a Skypass award on DL flights and can pull up rez with confirmation number. It is not linked to my Skymiles account and shows Skypass number on rez itinerary (in DL app/website). Only option is to remove Skypass number. If I remove that, can I then add DL number?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I've got a Skypass award on DL flights and can pull up rez with confirmation number. It is not linked to my Skymiles account and shows Skypass number on rez itinerary (in DL app/website). Only option is to remove Skypass number. If I remove that, can I then add DL number?
I have the same issue. Were you able to enter your Skymiles number and remove your Skypass number? I have 4 tickets booked MSP-OGG in October. I'm planning on using the Skymiles cc for free bags so I'd like to have my Skymiles number on my ticket.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by PolarPlunge
I have the same issue. Were you able to enter your Skymiles number and remove your Skypass number? I have 4 tickets booked MSP-OGG in October. I'm planning on using the Skymiles cc for free bags so I'd like to have my Skymiles number on my ticket.
Yes, there is a button (full site) for REMOVE skypass #. Then you can add each person's SM number. I did it for the same reason you want to.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:46 am

Getting a little frustrated with the KE system. I'm trying to book WAS-HNL with a stopover in LAX on the way to HNL. Family pass is all set up; 100k UR already transferred.

Found flights with space on KE's online award booking engine. Prices out fine. When I go to pay now, it errors out -

We are unable to confirm the fare for the flights you have selected. Please cancel these segments and choose a different fare or flights, and resubmit your confirmation request.

Call in and wait for the call back. Go over the same flights with the agent. He finds them individually and the flights have seats available, but his system errors out and says -

Delta does not provide that flight combination.

I was asking for pretty simple connections: HNL-LAX-DCA or HNL-LAX-MSP-DCA

The agent says there no way to override. Looks like DL is imposing some married segment logic. Anyone here have any experience with this or know of a workaround? Thanks
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by whistler814
Getting a little frustrated with the KE system. I'm trying to book WAS-HNL with a stopover in LAX on the way to HNL. Family pass is all set up; 100k UR already transferred.

Found flights with space on KE's online award booking engine. Prices out fine. When I go to pay now, it errors out -

We are unable to confirm the fare for the flights you have selected. Please cancel these segments and choose a different fare or flights, and resubmit your confirmation request.

Call in and wait for the call back. Go over the same flights with the agent. He finds them individually and the flights have seats available, but his system errors out and says -

The agent says there no way to override. Looks like DL is imposing some married segment logic. Anyone here have any experience with this or know of a workaround? Thanks
The only way I could book our tix was with one connection. That's not the rule, but that is the only way it would ticket. Try removing MSP as a connection if possible.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by whistler814

Did you work anything out? I've had to play with the stopover (a transfer of more than 4 hours, not necessarily overnight) to get things to work. On way back from HNL to ATL have to spend night in PHX.

Delta must have some super-secret routing rules and availability for Korean. I booked 5 ATL-HNL nonstop seats for early August via a call to Korean. At the time, the seats didn't show up on ExpertFlyer, Flyingblue, OR Delta, but did on Korean website.

Last edited by FlyMike24; Jul 14, 2017 at 10:55 am Reason: Adding my comments...
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:26 pm

I'm searching 2018 June availability to OGG or HNL. If there's nothing on delta.com for the 22.5K one way awards, does that mean there are no delta award seats available with skypass? I'm having a hard time figuring out summer award space and routing so I can be ready to book.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by jperiod
I'm searching 2018 June availability to OGG or HNL. If there's nothing on delta.com for the 22.5K one way awards, does that mean there are no delta award seats available with skypass? I'm having a hard time figuring out summer award space and routing so I can be ready to book.
I found segment by segment at saver and KE could book it. On DL sometimes those segments "married" and were no longer saver but remained saver on KE. You can also just search online at KE.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I found segment by segment at saver and KE could book it. On DL sometimes those segments "married" and were no longer saver but remained saver on KE. You can also just search online at KE.
Yeah, I'm not finding anything on KE, which is made harder because I can't search one ways. So I can't figure out if it isn't showing because nothing is there, or because one leg of the RT isn't available.

I'm also trying to figure out alaska or hawaiian availability on KE and that seems impossible to understand as well. All the blogs I read made it seem so easy, but it's not appearing that way, at least not for summer travel planned way in advanced.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:07 pm

I'm a noob with skypass but after searching for many dates , I could not for th elife of me find a single seat sea-ogg online. I'll try calling but is this the normal online experience ? TY!
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:10 am

Maybe try searching using Air France site.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Is anyone else having issues finding any TATL space on the KE search engine? I'm looking at DL flights that are available both on DL at the lowest mileage (for J) and through FlyingBlue, but KE tells me it can't find anything that day. Heck, it won't even find US-SVO flights on SU. No problem getting TPAC flights on partners, but I can't seem to find anything to Europe. Given the horrible experiences I've had with KE call centers in the past, I'm not really keen to call in and see if they can find things.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:05 pm

I can't find even the most basic US domestic routes on KE search engine that have wide availability on DL. For example, ORD-ATL, ATL-LAX. Zero of the dates I've checked for June 2018 onward. A few random hits for earlier months. I wonder if DL is withholding seats from KE in general or maybe releasing to KE several weeks after releasing to its own customers. Because when I search Jan/Feb I do see availability, albeit limited.

Tried searching AF and easily found DL domestic segments + KE LAX-ICN and ATL-ICN wide open. Seems to me that DL is not releasing seats to KE for many domestic segments. Not sure if calling will make any difference. So if I have to connect in US and proceed to ICN using KE Skypass, I can't. I'd have to take a positioning flight. Plus DL doesn't get the same availability on KE flights that KE does (in biz or first).

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Jul 27, 2017 at 12:54 pm
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by edemirel
I signed up for expert flyer and I am seeing availability on DL Saver Award Level 1 - but KE or AF is not showing this. I called in KE to see if the agent could see the availability and it was a negative. Is expert flyer DL availability any good for KE / AF purposes?

Also I am looking into United availability on SQ, but I read no stop overs are allowed in the same country - similar to AF. Are you sure I can get one 1 stopover with SQ on united?
Ever get an answer to this? I, too, am seeing ample saver awards on Delta. Air France (and Delta) can book them, KE can't see them.

Jamie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.