Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Business Class booking - Kosmo seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond

I'm just browsing for flights for two from JFK to SYD next January, in business class.

The KE website states that the A380 leg both out and inbound will be in Kosmo seats (ie. First Class). Is this right? Return is around $7,000 and an anctual F search brings up a price of $24k.

Why are they offering Kosmo for the 388 legs?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Anyone? :/
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Is it really this hard to get someone to answer a simple question
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
This is a very low traffic forum, so it often takes several days to answer a question, especially one that doesn't come with a lot of details. I did a mock booking, and it clearly says the booking is in Prestige Class. The Kosmo Suites bit is only in the aircraft ID section, where KE appears to be tagging a lot of aircraft types with the first class seat type since sometimes they have multiple configurations that are most readily distinguished by the F class seat. (There's only one A380 config, but I still suspect that's the case.)
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:54 am
Original Poster

It's extremely misleading to say "Airbus A380-800 Kosmo Suites" in the aircraft type section.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by jeffers
It's extremely misleading to say "Airbus A380-800 Kosmo Suites" in the aircraft type section.
It's describing the aircraft type perfectly accurately. The class of service being purchased is an entirely different thing than the aircraft type. I do think it's a bit odd that it only seems to be using an additional descriptor on the A380 (An aircraft type that does not need seat type clarification.), but if you try economy on anything ex-JFK, it gives the same aircraft type.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
OP, I understand your confusion but as others have said, it only identifies the a/c type. I traveled on an award seat on KE last month in J and yet it too said "prestige kosmo suite." Like you, LOL, I thought I'd been booked in FC but it was only saying that the a/c HAD Prestige Kosmo Suite. If it helps, though, I found the KE biz class VERY nice on the long haul from ICN-IAD. Enjoy your flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.