Wiki Posts
Search

Incheon Arrivals Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Incheon Arrivals Lounge

I am flying JFK-ICN on Korean Air as a Delta Platinum (so I have lounge access). Does Korean Air have an arrivals lounge where I could shower and change upon arrival as my hotel checkin wont be for many hours later. I tried searching to no avail. Thanks
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by xkr0p
I am flying JFK-ICN on Korean Air as a Delta Platinum (so I have lounge access). Does Korean Air have an arrivals lounge where I could shower and change upon arrival as my hotel checkin wont be for many hours later. I tried searching to no avail. Thanks
why not just call the hotel and ask them that you want to check-in early?

I don't know about Korea, but I fly from the US to the UK, Japan and Germany regularly. I always pick flights with the earliest arrivals. I have never been denied early check-in at London, Tokyo, or Berlin hotels. (sometimes getting into my room as early as 8AM) Well, there was one exception, but the hotel(Grand Hyatt Tokyo) was totally booked the previous night. I had breakfast in the hotel restaurant for about an hour and still got into my room at around 10AM.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TENYKS
why not just call the hotel and ask them that you want to check-in early?

I don't know about Korea, but I fly from the US to the UK, Japan and Germany regularly. I always pick flights with the earliest arrivals. I have never been denied early check-in at London, Tokyo, or Berlin hotels. (sometimes getting into my room as early as 8AM) Well, there was one exception, but the hotel(Grand Hyatt Tokyo) was totally booked the previous night. I had breakfast in the hotel restaurant for about an hour and still got into my room at around 10AM.
Im staying at an Airbnb condo thats why.. I dont think they would be able to accommodate my 5am arrival as they will have guests there from the prior day
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:20 am

Im staying at an Airbnb condo thats why.. I dont think they would be able to accommodate my 5am arrival as they will have guests there from the prior day
my apologies.... your original post said "hotel" so my comments were about hotels.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:22 am
Original Poster

my apologies.... your original post said "hotel" so my comments were about hotels.
Yea no worries! Just said that to simplify for the posts sake.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only open to passengers arriving on KE F/J, not to elites. Arrival lounge is not a Skyteam elite benefit.

https://kr.koreanair.com/global/en/a...al-shower.html
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Are you in J on KE? I believe Korean has a program where you can go to the Incheon Hyatt (owned by KE's corporate parent or something) and you can use the showers there in the spa. EDIT: Here's the link: https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...al-shower.html

Other than that, there is no actual arrival lounge unless you're transiting at which point you'd be using their regular lounge.

The best bet if you're not in J is to use the spa at ICN in the basement. It's a jjim-jil-bang so you pay an entrance fee. They have a bunch of different hot tubs and cold tubs as well as steam and dry sauna rooms. The pools you have to be actual naked and are divided by male and female. The sauna rooms are co-ed and they usually give you a uniform to wear. I've never actually been but JJBs all have the same concept everywhere.

Last edited by Pathfinder813; Jan 6, 2015 at 11:58 am Reason: Added link
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pathfinder813
Are you in J on KE? I believe Korean has a program where you can go to the Incheon Hyatt (owned by KE's corporate parent or something) and you can use the showers there in the spa. EDIT: Here's the link: https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...al-shower.html

Other than that, there is no actual arrival lounge unless you're transiting at which point you'd be using their regular lounge.

The best bet if you're not in J is to use the spa at ICN in the basement. It's a jjim-jil-bang so you pay an entrance fee. They have a bunch of different hot tubs and cold tubs as well as steam and dry sauna rooms. The pools you have to be actual naked and are divided by male and female. The sauna rooms are co-ed and they usually give you a uniform to wear. I've never actually been but JJBs all have the same concept everywhere.
Unfortunately im in the back. Yea I should have figured there was a jimjibang there, they have everything else so why not. Thanks, that will definitely work!
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:17 pm

Do you speak Korean? I'm just wondering how people who use Airbnb communicate with the Koreans who rent out their homes for Airbnb users.

Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:38 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
AirBnB will list in English. Naturally, the hosts list in English as well. You only get Korean if you select it as your language.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Do you speak Korean? I'm just wondering how people who use Airbnb communicate with the Koreans who rent out their homes for Airbnb users.

Thanks!
In my experience, they always speak English. In the past, I'd email them in English and tell them to reply to me in Korean and it's fine. When we get to Korea, I usually use Korean but I've noticed that many of the places I've stayed, they have detailed instructions about where to get food, shop, etc all in English. I've had friends who do not speak Korean use Airbnb in Seoul and they've never had trouble.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
Only open to passengers arriving on KE F/J, not to elites. Arrival lounge is not a Skyteam elite benefit.

We're splitting the team and I'll be arriving about an hour before the rest of the family in the early morning at ICN. I'm thinking to give this arrival shower a shot, but I need to get back to the terminal to meet them and catch a limo bus. You reckon that an hour is enough to get back to the terminal?

We do have T-Mobile, so we're expecting our phones to work in the ROK, but I've not been through ICN for nearly a decade. If any of you could recommend a good place to meet in the terminal, we'd be grateful. I'm coming in on KE and the rest of the family is coming in on OZ. We have two kids, ages 9 and 13.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:06 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
We're splitting the team and I'll be arriving about an hour before the rest of the family in the early morning at ICN. I'm thinking to give this arrival shower a shot, but I need to get back to the terminal to meet them and catch a limo bus. You reckon that an hour is enough to get back to the terminal?

We do have T-Mobile, so we're expecting our phones to work in the ROK, but I've not been through ICN for nearly a decade. If any of you could recommend a good place to meet in the terminal, we'd be grateful. I'm coming in on KE and the rest of the family is coming in on OZ. We have two kids, ages 9 and 13.
Given flights can arrive earlier than scheduled, or later than scheduled, there is no guarantee you'll make it back to the terminal before your family arrives. Indeed it is quite likely that you won't.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Originally Posted by TerryK

What about KE class 'O' (we were told its prestige class). We are flying LAX-ICN arriving at 4:15 AM and getting this service to freshen up would be great. The tickets were booked using skypesos though.

Also, what forum section would I enquire about how to get switched to business class for for ICN-DPS-ICN flights that we have only economy class tickets on a 140K business class skypesos award? LAX-ICN and ICN-LAX are in 'O' (prestige).

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead

If you cannot get into the Prestige Lounge for arrival shower, there is a regular shower facility at the transfer deck. This transfer deck is open to everyone. Never used this one before so not sure about the facility itself. You will not need to get out of the terminal / custom this way.

Is OZ in the same terminal as KE? If so, the big flight status bulletin board is the meet up place, or the transfer deck itself so no need to stand around.

ICN airport has free WiFi, so any free SMS app will keep your party in contact. E.g., Google Voice, Viber, LINE, WhatsApp, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.