Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Need help booking a Delta flight with Korean SkyPass miles.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Hello everyone. I need some help with booking a Delta flight using Korean SkyPass miles. I have a bunch of Chase points that will transfer to Korean Air. I tried looking for the flight that I want to book on Korean Air's website but it is not showing any availability. However, when I look through Delta's site, the flights are available for reward redemption. So my question is, if the flight is available on Delta's site, will it be available for redemption through Korean Air?
And if it is, how would I go about booking that flight?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:17 am

No. Delta and Korean air are not looking at the same award availability. You need to call KE to figure out before transfer.

BUT chase UR to KE transfer has been suspended since a couple of weeks ago. You need to look at other options.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: BA
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have the same question. Is there any way to figure out award availability on Delta's flights without having to call? I understand it would have to be roundtrip, correct?
Old Jun 20, 2015, 10:47 am

I don't remember off the top of my head if it HAS to be RT, but in order to find award availability to use Korean SP miles on Delta flights, you can search for award availability directly on Delta's website. If you can find a flight to your desired destination for 45k RT delta miles, it should be bookable for 25k Korean miles.

Search for award availability on Delta's site, when you find the flight combo that is 45k delta miles (as far as I know, anything else CANNOT be booked with Korean miles, at least not economy seats), make a note of those flights and call up Korean to reserve. They should see those seats as available.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
It does have to be RT. You can also use Alaska Airlines' website to search for DL award availability, but it may not be the same that KE will have, as it is also not the same as you may find on DL's website. If you use Alaska's website, you can filter out everything but DL and then search.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.