Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prestige Suite

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2016, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Bump. Can anyone answer this question? Thanks.

-FlyerBeek
Seatguru is wrong.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 4:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by stargold
Seatguru is wrong.
Thought so. Thanks!

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 27, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
How many of KE's 77W's are equipped with Prestige Suites?

I'm on KE 36 ATL-ICN in a couple weeks, and the seatmap looks like it will be Prestige Suites. ^

How many A330's have Suites?

Do any A380's have Suites? I think not.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:55 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I just posted a trip report that reviews the seat as well as the service on an ORD-ICN 77W flight:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...n-ke-dl-j.html
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:26 pm

Can your guys tell me if this KE B777-300ER offer new business Prestige Suites? I book this flight for my mother, anyone know which seat number is best? i choose 7B? thanks in advance!
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:32 pm

Yes it is the new Prestige Suites (2-2-2 on 77W is always Prestige Suite)

Seat choice is partly down to personal preference - I prefer window, but if the window was not a must, then 7B is also a good choice as it's in the small cabin immediately behind F which is usually more quiet and peaceful.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:57 am

Yes it is the new Prestige Suites (2-2-2 on 77W is always Prestige Suite)

Seat choice is partly down to personal preference - I prefer window, but if the window was not a must, then 7B is also a good choice as it's in the small cabin immediately behind F which is usually more quiet and peaceful.
Thanks a lot, i sure my mother will love the new business suite, and i will stick with my choice for 7B
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:10 pm

If the seatmap shows 2-2-2 layout, then it will be the new Prestige Suite. If it shows 2-3-2 layout, then it is the Prestige Sleeper.
I'm flying KE next month. Outbound is the A380, return is older 747.xx. What's the difference of the prestige "Suite" vs. "Sleeper" seats -- both look like flat beds?
Old May 7, 2016, 1:10 am

will they be rolling out the prestige suites on the a380??
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by dtsm
I'm flying KE next month. Outbound is the A380, return is older 747.xx. What's the difference of the prestige "Suite" vs. "Sleeper" seats -- both look like flat beds?
Both of these seats are fully flat, but they are quite different. The Sleepers do not have direct aisle access from the window seats, while the Prestige Suites do. Suites have little walls between adjacent seats, and lots of shelf storage space and cubby holes to put your gear, shoes, etc.; Sleepers don't have much storage space.

A nudge on my question: Anyone know the current composition of the 777-300ER fleet? How many have Sleepers and how many have Suites? Which routes routinely get the Sleepers?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 6:58 am

Ok, leaving aside the composition of the fleet, can someone say which N. America routes are routinely getting SkySuites? Is there still a page on KE's website detailing the seats on various routes, like there was a few years ago during the rollout of the lie-flat and fully flat Prestige products?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Ok, leaving aside the composition of the fleet, can someone say which N. America routes are routinely getting SkySuites? Is there still a page on KE's website detailing the seats on various routes, like there was a few years ago during the rollout of the lie-flat and fully flat Prestige products?
One of the two daily JFK flights is operated by a 748i, which means prestige suites are offered consistently on this route.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by MegatopLover

I don't think koreanair.com even has a route map, period, which in 2016 is kinda low-brow. There is a disclaimer under "onboard / classes of service" which says

"Note: Type and size of seat and its available features may vary depending on the flight route, time and aircraft."

So I guess the answer to your question is no.

as an aside, I just snagged SkyMiles award seats on SFO-ICN-MLE, with SFO-ICN being on the 748. My only other option was departing ORD on the 77W, and I was concerned about downgrades on the 77W fleet from a Prestige Suite to a Prestige Sleeper, though the seat map for a week either direction of my date of travel on ORD-ICN showed it was always the 77W with suites. YYZ and IAD had award inventory, but were showing the old sleepers. IAH was a 772. JFK and ATL didn't have award seats (shocking). I guess the solution is, if you can find a 748, take it!
Old Sep 13, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I was tracking the Prestige Suites on the 748 and 77W, but for some reason I had completely forgotten that some of the A330s also featured the suites. Thus, I was completely surprised last week when both segments of my NRT-ICN-SIN flights featured the Prestige Suites. Probably the nicest business configuration of any A330, in my opinion. As an added benefit, I was the only J passenger on the NRT-ICN flight!

-FlyerBeek

Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:11 pm

any idea how quickly/slowly KE is going to replace routes with the suite?

family member is taking LAX-ICN RT in February '17 and he is wondering if he will be riding in the suite or the sleeper

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.