Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Family pooling question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
You can't use family pooling to combine miles for awards other than on KE metal. You can, however, use miles entirely from one account to book a SkyTeam (e.g., DL) flight for a family member.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mtkeller
You can't use family pooling to combine miles for awards other than on KE metal. You can, however, use miles entirely from one account to book a SkyTeam (e.g., DL) flight for a family member.
Yes, my plan was to transfer points into my own primary KE account and use them for the whole family on DL. Thanks for the reminder. The hardest part about this is finding low level DL awards. Grrrr.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Does it usually take the full 2 weeks to add a family member? I submitted my wife's info along with our marriage cert last Sunday. But I still don't see her name under my account.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by lad2
Does it usually take the full 2 weeks to add a family member? I submitted my wife's info along with our marriage cert last Sunday. But I still don't see her name under my account.
You may have to upload wife's passport. I did. My family members (all four of them) appeared in my account on day 4 after online request. See my post at #15 up thread.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
You may have to upload wife's passport. I did. My family members (all four of them) appeared in my account on day 4 after online request. See my post at #15 up thread.
Hmm, I might have to do that if I don't hear anything from them after next Monday (2 weeks time frame). Did you receive any communication or confirmation? It does say I'd get an email if something is wrong.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by lad2
Hmm, I might have to do that if I don't hear anything from them after next Monday (2 weeks time frame). Did you receive any communication or confirmation? It does say I'd get an email if something is wrong.
I did it all at once. Did NOT get an email confirmation or otherwise, just kept checking the website till I saw it.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 10:38 pm

I did it all at once. Did NOT get an email confirmation or otherwise, just kept checking the website till I saw it.
Well, two weeks came and went with nothing heard from KE. So I submitted a feedback contact form (Sunday). And promptly got a phone call the next day. Very friendly and professional CSR, but he said he couldn't find the request I submitted online. Told me to resend everything via email ([email protected]). So I sent in the application form (PDF), my DL, my wife's DL, our marriage cert, and our daugther birth cert. And today I received the email confirmation and sure enough, both are added in my account. Kudos!
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:35 am

I have all 5 of us booked on a Skyteam award. Used my Skypass family account for all the tix. On one PNR and ticketed.

Is it possible to split the PNR and let 2 of us return on a different date or must all family members travel together if booked using family pooling?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:57 pm

I have all 5 of us booked on a Skyteam award. Used my Skypass family account for all the tix. On one PNR and ticketed.

Is it possible to split the PNR and let 2 of us return on a different date or must all family members travel together if booked using family pooling?
I'm not sure about different dates, but I did have them split my PNR before paying and was still able to pull from other accounts. So I think it should work out.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by eeflyer
I'm not sure about different dates, but I did have them split my PNR before paying and was still able to pull from other accounts. So I think it should work out.
Ok, thanks. I'll see if we can make it work.
Old May 25, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Question

I completed form & added the marriage cert, birth certs into 1 pdf, but how do I send it to KE?
  1. their website family member apply/add returns a 500-type http error "site couldn't handle this request" despite multiple tries over the last month
  2. their fax 310-417-5696 is busy tone 24-7, even at middle of night (PT), clearly they dont want faxes
  3. their nyc office security guard showed me written letter from KR to him to disallow any customer service folks from going up including this query, ticketing, etc.; I thus submitted request to close their Yelp listing
  4. there are no other service centers (except airport but I've no time to custom-visit JFK until my next flight) or local office as they claim would process this in person
  5. calling their JFK office 718-751-2000 results in a disconnect before even the 1st ring, suggesting that's not really a number
  6. their US Reservations 800-438-5000, said to email [email protected]; update: it takes time but the email route finally worked, sigh
  7. called LA office 213-484-1900 but they had no alternative methods
Time to turn here.

Last edited by Richard Chen; Jun 27, 2017 at 11:07 pm
Old May 25, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
If you scroll up you will see that someone emailed [email protected] and received prompt, satisfactory service.
Old May 25, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Oops. I didn't read properly.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:53 pm

I've got myself, spouse and three kids in our family pooling account and have used my own Skypass miles to book skyteam tix. All good there. But the limit seems to be five and I need to figure out how to pull in some UR from my dad. So a few questions.

1. Can spouse and I pool Skypass points for a skyteam award?
2. How do I get my father's UR points over to my Skypass or family pooling, since we already have 5 members?
3. I'm thinking the best way is to add one of us as an AU to his UR account. I'm loathe to do this bc of 5/24 but will if necessary.
4. Can I cross-pool myself with my dad and my own family?
5. If we all have our own Skypass points, I guess we can book separate PNRs, but do it in one phone call so all together, yes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.