Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

SFO-ICN-HND available, but not SFO-ICN?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold

Looking for help from some experience Skypass flyers!

I was checking award availability for SFO-ICN and for my preferred dates and class of service, the website shows no availability.

Yet the same SFO-ICN flight shows up as available if I try to book an SFO-HND award.

How is this possible? Also, if I book this award online and place it on hold, will I be able to call in and change my Seoul-Tokyo date and routing, in other words, get a stopover in Seoul and fly GMP-HND after a few days?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:26 am

KE website is funny these days, you may have to call.

SFO-HND and SFO-ICN both cost same miles and you can have a stopover, but US-Japan fuel surcharge is much higher than US-Korea. If you book SFO-HND, you'll pay US-Japan YQ regardless of stopover.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
YQ US-Japan US-Korea

Originally Posted by bobbybrown
KE website is funny these days, you may have to call.

SFO-HND and SFO-ICN both cost same miles and you can have a stopover, but US-Japan fuel surcharge is much higher than US-Korea. If you book SFO-HND, you'll pay US-Japan YQ regardless of stopover.
Thanks for the caution.

Per the website SFO-HND YQ is USD 292.98 SFO-ICN is USD 174. The net cost of HND-ICN ticket is effectively $118 (in J), probably worth it.

In the reverse direction HND-SFO it is $247.97 and ICN-SFO is KRW 190,800, at today's rates, $172. ICN is more or less the same in either direction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.