Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

KE Rules/Pricing For Infant in Arms on Award Ticket

Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium

My wife and I are thinking of redeeming KE miles to Fly First on KE ATL - ICN once we find some availability. We are expecting a baby and will likely fly with an infant-in-arms.

Does anyone here have experience how they price these awards taxes/fees for infants? Is it a flat fee? Is it a 10% of the normal fare, or full fare? Any insights are appreciated.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 12:34 am

I'm going by my memory and it's 10% of miles for lap infant.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mainbill
I'm going by my memory and it's 10% of miles for lap infant.
I can confirm it is 10%. Taking the boy to Seoul, Hong Kong + Vietnam next year. F seats from JFK to HKG were 80k, the wee one was 8k + 10% taxes/fees
Old Nov 6, 2014, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by stompey5
I can confirm it is 10%. Taking the boy to Seoul, Hong Kong + Vietnam next year. F seats from JFK to HKG were 80k, the wee one was 8k + 10% taxes/fees
Thanks for the confirmation. And let's say taxes/fees for JFK - HKG were $300 one-way, the 10% for the infant on top of 8k was $30. Did I get that right?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by beofotch
Thanks for the confirmation. And let's say taxes/fees for JFK - HKG were $300 one-way, the 10% for the infant on top of 8k was $30. Did I get that right?
So we paid 8000 points and $3.40 for our son . We actually paid $228.26 and 80000 - so much better than 10%

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.