Wiki Posts
Search

Family Plan question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Family Plan question

First time booking award ticket on Korean. From reading blogs, I saw that if I were to book an award ticket for myself and my wife, I'd need to add her to the family plan.

It asks for proof of relationship. What did you submit? It says it takes 1-2 weeks when doing it online. Is there a faster way?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:51 pm

We did this some years ago. IIRC, everyone needed a SkyPass number, and there was a form to fill out. I'm pretty sure I faxed them the form, plus scans of all our passports. It may be possible to submit these documents as PDF files now, but I have not checked.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
We submitted a marriage certificate, all-in took about 15 minutes to find/scan it and Korean Air confirmed the family plan in a couple days.

It's a hassle, but totally worth it as it will provide ability to pool miles.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
They are VERY adamant about a marriage certificate (or birth certificate if it's you and your parents or brother and sister). My friend just tried to set it all up.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: KE/OZ/QF/VA
Quickest way is to go in in-person and submit all the relevant forms and information. I had to do this a few years back and was approved on the day. Things might have changed now but you can always give it a try.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 7:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
Has anyone added a spouse to Family Plan recently from the USA?

The Korean Air webpage suggest a "tax report" would work, and I wonder if just the first page of a married filing jointly 1040 form will do it. Going down to the bank and digging my marriage certificate out of the safety deposit box would be less effort than redacting all the pages of the full filed US federal tax form, but I have a PDF of the tax form...

***edit to add***
I found a scanned copy of our (hand written by a registry office clerk in the UK) marriage certificate, and the Family Plan was activated within a day or so with no further questions, even though we are Americans. So no help for future users hoping to use tax docs, but foreign marriage docs seem readily accepted.

Last edited by willoL; Oct 23, 2023 at 5:17 pm Reason: Resolved

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.