No meal service KA086 JFK-ICN?

Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL
No meal service KA086 JFK-ICN?

Booked my ticket with miles. The flight leaves at 12:50am and lands 4:15 am. Under comments it says no meal service?! For a 14 hour flight?? That can't be true? If it's not true what did they serve? Dinner then Breakfast?

Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:32 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Not true. When korean air updated their website, they put the schedule of service there, too. Nice touch.

https://kr.koreanair.com/global/en/t...cas/ke086.html
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Not true. When korean air updated their website, they put the schedule of service there, too. Nice touch.

https://kr.koreanair.com/global/en/t...cas/ke086.html
Thanks so much! That was very helpful!

Now onto my next issue? Arriving 4am it appears there is no bus or train service until 530am ish...is the only option taxi at this hour?

Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by remphish1
Booked my ticket with miles. The flight leaves at 12:50am and lands 4:15 am. Under comments it says no meal service?! For a 14 hour flight?? That can't be true? If it's not true what did they serve? Dinner then Breakfast?

Thanks!
KE serves meals on all long haul flights regardless of departure time.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:13 pm
hco

Programs: SAS *G
Now onto my next issue? Arriving 4am it appears there is no bus or train service until 530am ish...is the only option taxi at this hour?

Many buses routes start already at 4.20-4.30am. No need for taxi.

Check out suitable line and timetable at: http://www.airportlimousine.co.kr/eng/lbr/lbr02_1.php#6011
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hco

Check out suitable line and timetable at: http://www.airportlimousine.co.kr/en...r02_1.php#6011
I see buses from the city to the airport in the 4am hour but don't see any that head to the city that time of day. Not sure what I am missing
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:55 pm

On the particular route linked above (6011), I agree it is somewhat confusing, but from what I see the schedule is for both directions, and it appears that on weekdays the first bus is scheduled to arrive at Incheon Airport at 5:40 a.m., and presumably departs soon after.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:00 pm
hco

Programs: SAS *G
Originally Posted by hco

Check out suitable line and timetable at: http://www.airportlimousine.co.kr/en...r02_1.php#6011
I see buses from the city to the airport in the 4am hour but don't see any that head to the city that time of day. Not sure what I am missing
You are right. Sorry. I misread. First bus from ICN seems to depart 5am. But most lines later. =/
Old Oct 26, 2014, 12:50 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)
immigration and custom will take 20-30 minutes (usually line is longer for non-korean)

you can enjoy free wifi in the terminal while waiting for the first bus.

if you arrive in weekday morning and try to get to downtown or gangnam area, be prepared for traffic (especially monday mornning)
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone..I am arriving on a Saturday so I guess I will just wait for the first bus/train
Old Oct 26, 2014, 2:20 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Business class menu for KE86 link.

Supper is served about an hour after takeoff. Breakfast is served about 5 1/2 hours before landing.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm +, AA, WN, OZ, EK
Originally Posted by poohhead80
immigration and custom will take 20-30 minutes (usually line is longer for non-korean)

you can enjoy free wifi in the terminal while waiting for the first bus.

if you arrive in weekday morning and try to get to downtown or gangnam area, be prepared for traffic (especially monday mornning)
The immigration/customs will take longer because 2x A380 (anywhere from 500-800 pax) from LAX and JFK, plus a couple NH/JAL flights coming in from Japan and a bunch of others. When I went, it took me at least 1 hour, but at least the bags were there when I cleared customs. It is a long walk from the gate to customs - the A380 gates aren't that close ):

You can save some time if you fill out your customs declaration on the flight. the FAs will come around with them, and just ask them for English (im guessing OP doesn't speak Korean, but pls dont hate if I'm completely wrong) and a pen.

1 more thing - the non Korean line is in fact shorter - I've gone through both (dual citizenship ^ ) and Korean line took abt 10 minutes longer. I've never gone off peak though, so it might depend on how many foreigner lines they open up.

Once you land, get a quick breakfast from a cafe (if they're open) or a convenience store (they're open for sure). You can get a bunch of traveler information brouchers too.

Hope this helps
Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:59 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by ek3728
The immigration/customs will take longer because 2x A380 (anywhere from 500-800 pax) from LAX and JFK, plus a couple NH/JAL flights coming in from Japan and a bunch of others. When I went, it took me at least 1 hour, but at least the bags were there when I cleared customs. It is a long walk from the gate to customs - the A380 gates aren't that close ):
In my experience they use gate 10 and gate 17, neither of which is that far from immigration.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.