Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

One Award Booking but in Two Different Classes (J/F)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Wondering if anyone has any insight or experience on booking one KE award with two legs in different classes.

I am trying to fly KE856 from PEK to ICN and KE85 from ICN to JFK all in first class but the PEK-ICN route doesn't have any F awards left (only J/Y). Has anyone ever booked one segment in J (or Y) and the other segment in F? I'm okay with spending first class points for the entire itinerary even if one leg is in J. I just don't want to have to split it into two itineraries and spend the extra miles.

Thanks.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
You can't do that online, perhaps if you call them on the phone it is possible.

Last edited by smith80678; Aug 8, 2014 at 7:14 am
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska MVP Gold 75k, Etihad Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
Totally possible if you phone them. I recently booked a J/F reward.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Closing the loop here. Booking an award on KE in different cabins is possible over the phone. I spent 80,000 points for an off-peak one-way from PEK-JFK through ICN. Originally booked J from PEK-ICN and F from ICN-JFK. Upon check-in at PEK, I noted to the agent that I "paid" for the first class bonus ticket and she moved us up to first for the quick hop to ICN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.