Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BUY UP to J class

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
BUY UP to J class

Does KE allow buy ups to J class at the airport on the day of check in? Would be nice to get an offer of $500-$1000 like the good old days. I remember when Northwest would offer $300 buy ups to fill the cabin.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: KE MC, UA Gold, Starwood Plat / Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold
KE does allow you to buy up at the airport, but not for cheap. I used to regularly ask what the Y to J buy-up costs would be when flying KE (granted I haven't done so now in a couple of years). I was always quoted the full fare difference no matter how empty or full the J-cabin was.

As such, you may be able to buy-up for $500-1000 for a shorter international route depending on your original fare class and which fares they are ticketing in the J-cabin; but I would be shocked if you found a buy up in that range for a trans-pac flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.