Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

ICN Layover--Lounge or Transit Tour

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:01 am
Original Poster

I'm flying KE in F and having around 8 hours layover at ICN. So is the better option to stay in F class Lounge or to go to one of the transit tours to Incheon?
Thank you!
Old Jun 1, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bartjoy
I'm flying KE in F and having around 8 hours layover at ICN. So is the better option to stay in F class Lounge or to go to one of the transit tours to Incheon?
Thank you!
If you've never been into Seoul, take a transit tour or just take the airport express train into the city center and wander around, eat some korean bbq and some street food.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Transit tour. KE F lounge is nothing special and even if it were LH FRA FCT, I'd still venture into the city with 8 hour connection.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Guess I'm gonna go with the transit tour. Thanks guys!
Old Jun 2, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
The only "catch" with transit tours is that you have to go at a specific time.

http://www.airport.kr/iiacms/pageWor...de=C1202020600

That being said, going into Seoul on AREX solo is totally doable.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:58 pm

Cash for transit tours?

I understand the tours are free but do the attractions on the transit tours take credit cards or should I take some local currency out of the ATM? If so, how much? I don't plan on souvenir shopping, just entrance fees for the temples and lunch for two people.

Thanks.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:49 am

I'd take out, seriously, 20,000W if you're not going to buy anything. 98% of places take cards, but just in case. Also, a great way to burn any leftover cash... spend it on real Korean snacks at the 7-Eleven. It's the best gift!
Old Sep 12, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
I'd take out, seriously, 20,000W if you're not going to buy anything. 98% of places take cards, but just in case. Also, a great way to burn any leftover cash... spend it on real Korean snacks at the 7-Eleven. It's the best gift!
Is 7/11 at the airport more expensive than outside? I can't remember.
I like the snack idea.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 2:21 am

No, the prices are the same.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:30 am

I'm getting in ICN at approx. 4am and leaving for TPE at 10:30AM...any recommendations on what to do? are any of these free tours running that early in the morning? Even taking the train to a nearby city, there might be nothing open till 6-7 right?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The first airport buses to downtown seem to start sometime after 5 am on most routes. The 4 am arrival gives plenty of time to catch the first departures. [I did this recently after the KE JFK-ICN A380 that's scheduled to arrive at 4:10 am.] IIRC the train begins somewhat later but would be faster, depending on which area of Seoul you plan to see.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The first airport buses to downtown seem to start sometime after 5 am on most routes. The 4 am arrival gives plenty of time to catch the first departures. [I did this recently after the KE JFK-ICN A380 that's scheduled to arrive at 4:10 am.] IIRC the train begins somewhat later but would be faster, depending on which area of Seoul you plan to see.
will anything be open at 4-5AM? Plus i read it takes 1 hour to get between the airport and the city, do you think it'll be worth it?
Old Sep 19, 2015, 4:30 am

Nothing will be going at that time. It's a total waste to come into Seoul. Ghost town of zombie commuters and A FEW restaurants and shops open. Besides, you'll have to leave by 8 AM. Myeongdong certainly won't be open nor will any sites.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 10:43 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Does anyone know how much time needs to be left between arrival and tour departure, and then tour completion and departure.

I'm arriving on CX at 2pm and leaving on UAL at 6pm. There is a 2 hour tour from 3-5. Is an hour on either end sufficient?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 8:40 am

I don't think it's sufficient. 5 PM is busy evening departure time, so you might encounter some small wait at security. By the time you check in, security, customs, take the train, that will be 5:30-5:40 by the time you get to your gate. Way too close for comfort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.