Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Is there a limit on how much miles one can have?

Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:30 am
Original Poster

so I'm closing all my Chase credit cards, and I will be transferring all my points to a friend's Korean Air account, since he is booking a family trip through them recently and will to buy my points.
I have to transfer about 350k points. could any of you who have done large amount of transfer to friend tell me that if there is a limit on how much one can receive? and long does it take normally?
It is not a small amount I just want to make sure he can get it. thanks
Old Apr 5, 2014, 1:21 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Welcome to Flyer Talk linkqwj

There is no limit on the total number of skypass miles in an account, but there is likely to be a limit on the number able to be transferred. For example Diners Club can only transfer a maximum of 200,000 miles per calendar year.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 11:42 pm

Isnt there a problem with Chase UR points transferring to a different account?

I read a while back on the credit card forums about people transferring points from UR to different frequent flier accounts and getting into problems.

Might want to read up on that as well.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

really? can you share some details about the problem of transferring points to different frequent flier accounts?if it's just about chase account get closed then that's fine, since I'm closing them anyway myself
Old Apr 6, 2014, 8:10 pm

Chase MAY close your account after they notice the transfer to a third person.
More likely if you transfer multiple times.
If you're closing anyway, it should not matter like you said.
You should be ok transferring 350k. It's not that big of a number anyway.
I recommend you pool your points to one account and transfer just one time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.