Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Emirates Partner redemption/ One-Way?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Partner redemption/ One-Way?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by thebluejean
Does anyone have any success booking Emirates' F or J class and what fare code does KE use to book? "Z" for F and "D" for J? Are there any fuel surcharges? If it does, how much is it between LAX-DXB?
yes i think it's z and d. i think there are no fuel sucharges although i could be wrong. award chart is here: http://www.koreanair.com/local/na/gd...sp_rm_pa03.jsp
price would be 70/140/210k in y/j/f.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 11:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by yerffej201
i think there are no fuel sucharges although i could be wrong.
TPG just posts a nice chart on how many miles required to use different airline miles including KE on EK but even he didn't post the fuel surcharge among. I know it may depend on the departure city but does anyone know the ballpark like is it over $1K or few hundred dollars?
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
TPG just posts a nice chart on how many miles required to use different airline miles including KE on EK but even he didn't post the fuel surcharge among. I know it may depend on the departure city but does anyone know the ballpark like is it over $1K or few hundred dollars?
It depends entirely on the route. I redeemed KE miles for BKK-ICN-JFK in F (one-way) and paid ~$200 in taxes and fuel surcharges. It matched exactly what was on the corresponding revenue booking, with the caveat that sometimes KE uses embedded Q surcharges, so you have to read the full fare construction that ITA Matrix reports and look for any bit that reads something like "Q150.00". That means there's a $150 Q surcharge, which KE will collect on an award ticket.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 12:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mtkeller
It depends entirely on the route. I redeemed KE miles for BKK-ICN-JFK in F (one-way) and paid ~$200 in taxes and fuel surcharges. It matched exactly what was on the corresponding revenue booking, with the caveat that sometimes KE uses embedded Q surcharges, so you have to read the full fare construction that ITA Matrix reports and look for any bit that reads something like "Q150.00". That means there's a $150 Q surcharge, which KE will collect on an award ticket.
I don't believe Emirates flies between BKK-ICN-JFK I'm aware the surcharges on KE metals but not sure about using KE miles on Emriates metal and its surcharge. If anyone has redeemed for North America to DXB routes, what's the KE's surcharge charges on Emirates flight?
Old Nov 22, 2013, 5:29 am

I don't believe Emirates flies between BKK-ICN-JFK I'm aware the surcharges on KE metals but not sure about using KE miles on Emriates metal and its surcharge. If anyone has redeemed for North America to DXB routes, what's the KE's surcharge charges on Emirates flight?
My bad. LAX-DXB in J on a random date in December has a $645 embedded Q surcharge according to ITA. I'd be surprised if KE did anything but collect YQ, YR, and Q surcharges. That's also what EK charges their own members, so it seems like that's gotta be what KE will be charging.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by mtkeller
My bad. LAX-DXB in J on a random date in December has a $645 embedded Q surcharge according to ITA. I'd be surprised if KE did anything but collect YQ, YR, and Q surcharges. That's also what EK charges their own members, so it seems like that's gotta be what KE will be charging.
i think jl doesn't charged the embedded q. not sure if ke does...
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
i think jl doesn't charged the embedded q. not sure if ke does...
I can't say definitively, but based on the fact that KE uses embedded Q on their own revenue fares and collects it on awards, I imagine that they would do so on partners as well.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:44 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Any news about this? Does KE charge YQ? I am looking to redeem DXB-MRU-DXB with miles, and using EK miles it would be a stiff 1,200 usd per pax...! Would EK be any different?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82
Any news about this? Does KE charge YQ? I am looking to redeem DXB-MRU-DXB with miles, and using EK miles it would be a stiff 1,200 usd per pax...! Would EK be any different?
it's completely up in the air. afaik they still use embedded q fuel surcharges, but they do levy yq on ek awards using qf points. as we all know as has no yq with ek, so at the end of this all i have no idea! you should call in and ask.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:47 am

JL started charging YQ on EK awards, so people are getting crazy amounts like >$1200k per person per roundtrip.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: United, Southwest, Frontier, Chase UR, Hyatt
Does anyone know how to book one-way Emirates rewards with Korean? As per TPG's blog below- "Note that you must book round-trip travel (one-ways are only allowed on Korean metal)". What is Korean metal?

https://thepointsguy.com/2016/05/boo...t-card-points/
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:49 pm

Korean metal is Korean Air's own planes, painted in their light blue with Korean Air painted on them and a KE flight number.

You cannot book one way awards with Emirates using KE miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.