Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Does KE really check credit card at check in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does KE really check credit card at check in?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: I'll take whatever points I can get...
So it sounds like if you purchased your ticket through an OTA like Orbitz then you are okay right? Im in this same situation and flying next month and trying to figure out if I should be concerned.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Yes. If you purchase through orbitz you dont need to show the card.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:12 am

Programs: I'll take whatever points I can get...
Awesome thanks
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:21 am

Just completed a RT from IAD to ICN booked on their website and upgraded with miles. I was blocked from a web check-in both times and had to show the CC at IAD.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by yannix
IIRC, they only check if you bought the ticket directly from KE and not using a TA.

If so, try calling their reservation office beforehand or give yourself extra time on check-in as they might send you to the ticketing office to get it sorted.
I believe this to be so. I bought my tickets for me and rest of family on my CC through a travel ageny, and we all were traveling at different times. None of us were asked to provide the CC used to purchase the ticket
Old Sep 28, 2012, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by jaesun
I believe this to be so. I bought my tickets for me and rest of family on my CC through a travel ageny, and we all were traveling at different times. None of us were asked to provide the CC used to purchase the ticket
The reason for that is TAs take 100% of the risk of a chargeback so the airline doesn't need to verify any information.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
As others have noted, the primary determinant seems to be using a credit card to purchase a ticket directly from the airline, including award fees/taxes when using that airline's miles. It is quite routine on the Asian airlines that I have flown in particular.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL GM
So i should not expect this if i booked my award itinerary thru delta with my skymiles? i asked because we have a friend traveling with us on a different day. i booked his award itinerary with my skymiles and my cc
Old Jul 14, 2013, 4:01 pm
formerly ltabi

Programs: AA PLT, Hyatt Explorist
Quick question, I booked a r/t domestic award ticket with KE for next April with my Sapphire Preferred and I will not be keeping the credit card beyond October of this year. Can I just bring the card and let them know that I have closed this account?

Thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2013, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ltabi
Quick question, I booked a r/t domestic award ticket with KE for next April with my Sapphire Preferred and I will not be keeping the credit card beyond October of this year. Can I just bring the card and let them know that I have closed this account?

Thanks!

I checked in for a JFK-ICN flight yesterday that I booked on KE.com and the guy asked to see my card. He simply wrote down the last 4 digits on a piece of paper and had me sign it. I think they want the signature and doubt they run another authorization on the card. KE wants to make sure you have the card and that it has your name on it. I guess it cuts down on fraud. However, this rule is more of an inconvenience than anything else as one can book on any other website to avoid the requirement.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 5:18 pm

Programs: WN,DL,AA,UA,B6,more!
I have an award booked for November this year on KE using KE miles.

I sent in my paperwork and then just paid the taxes myself online.

I see a ticket number when I click on "e-Ticket Itinerary & Receipt"

I am good to go right?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:17 am

I used my delta awards miles to purchase a RT ticket for YVR to LAX (Alaska Air) connecting to ICN then onto KTM on KE. I also used my own credit card to pay and the awards ticket shows my delta skymiles number. This ticket is for my Sister.

Is she going to have problems getting the boarding pass?

If so, could I just give her my credit card to show to Rep at Ticket counter or would I need to write a note stating who I am , relationship with passenger flying and that I bought the awards ticket for her?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: WN,DL,AA,UA,B6,more!
Originally Posted by metoo
I used my delta awards miles to purchase a RT ticket for YVR to LAX (Alaska Air) connecting to ICN then onto KTM on KE. I also used my own credit card to pay and the awards ticket shows my delta skymiles number. This ticket is for my Sister.

Is she going to have problems getting the boarding pass?

If so, could I just give her my credit card to show to Rep at Ticket counter or would I need to write a note stating who I am , relationship with passenger flying and that I bought the awards ticket for her?
You are fine.

This ONLY applies if you booked the ticket using Korean Air miles. I have flown and gotten others tickets on Korean Air with Delta Skymiles many times in the past.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by foofiter
You are fine.

This ONLY applies if you booked the ticket using Korean Air miles. I have flown and gotten others tickets on Korean Air with Delta Skymiles many times in the past.
THANK YOU
Old Oct 27, 2013, 6:26 pm

Expedia

I booked flights with Korean Air through Expedia. I used my mum's credit card and I'm a little worried that they will ask to see it at check in.
Do you think they will? Or will I be OK because I booked the ticket through Expedia?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.