FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Korean Air | SkyPass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korean-air-skypass-621/)
-   -   777-300 economy seating (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korean-air-skypass/1341119-777-300-economy-seating.html)

Alee1969 Apr 29, 2012 7:52 pm

777-300 economy seating

Hi everyone. I will be taking a trip from ORD to ICN and see 3-3-3 seating except for the last two rows, being 2-3-2. Does anyone have any experience with these seats? Seat Guru doesn't give great reviews on them. I'm just curious if sitting by the window is any worse than the 3 seat config? In other words, are all things equal except you only have one seat mate and not two? Any info is appreciated.

Rampo Apr 30, 2012 8:27 am

The seats are located next the main galley and rear lavatories, so there's a lot of activity and noise going on back there. On my 777 flights the entrance to the crew rest area was located behind the last row's D seat. I can't remember if the last row seats have restricted recline as well. IMO the only positive is that you would have one seatmate instead of two.

rookie10 Apr 30, 2012 10:20 am

Also, keep in mind sitting behind business can be a bad choice as well. Just came back from a rt in business and each way there were screaming kids for most part of the flight. The FA gave ear plugs to the back cabin for 1 child that cried/screamed for almost the entire flight. Since I have kids I can sympathize, but choosing a seat where they have the baskets for smaller kids could be a coin toss between having some extra room and no sleep.

Alee1969 Apr 30, 2012 6:56 pm

I'm not so much concerned about sitting in the back near the lavatories rather worried that the fuselage bows in and makes the window seat feel cramped. Anyone flown on this flight or configuration on KE that can comment?

Pathfinder813 May 8, 2012 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Alee1969 (Post 18488981)
I'm not so much concerned about sitting in the back near the lavatories rather worried that the fuselage bows in and makes the window seat feel cramped. Anyone flown on this flight or configuration on KE that can comment?

I've actually flown on the 300s a few times. I always thought they had more room and definitely didn't think that it was cramped. I wished I sat there in fact. I'm not sure about recline but I don't believe it is restricted but I'd check on SeatGuru.

As for the lavs, I've flown in the last row before the galleys and lavs on an A380 but I actually really liked it. I could hang my jacket on my seatback and you don't have to worry about anyone kicking and tapping the screen. I also didn't notice the noise since I usually have earbud earphones on.

Alee1969 May 14, 2012 8:57 pm

Thanks to everyone that has replied but still hoping to find someone that has flown this route to say if the curvature back there impacts comfort. Anyone?