Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

KE changes flight time WITHOUT notice

Old Apr 17, 2012, 2:40 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First

Yesterday, my wife and I had business class flights from Osaka/KIX to Bangkok via Seoul with an Osaka/KIX departure time according to my 2-week old e-ticket of 1350-hours however upon arrival at Osaka/KIX (and I had to first arrive KIX from Kyoto) learned the new departure time was 1205-hours

Is this typical of KE (ie. changing flight departure times WITHOUT notice) or was this a one-off oversight?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:08 am

Programs: DL, KE, HA
First of all, sorry to hear about your story. Your flight seemed KE724 from KIX to ICN. I think that KE724 has been scheduled to depart KIX at 12:10 during the entire spring schedule, not 13:50. If you purchased your ticket through travel agency or other online websites, it might be their mistake giving you the wrong dep. time on the itinerary.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:19 am

Programs: Skypass, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Asiana, Krisflyer, Etihad Guest, Velocity Rewards
Airline or agency should have informed you of the schedule change prior to departure.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:20 am

Programs: Skypass, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Asiana, Krisflyer, Etihad Guest, Velocity Rewards
Airline or your agent should have informed you of the schedule change.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:44 am
Suspended
Original Poster

bought it directly from KE who gave me e-tickets on 14 March (as my wife needed it to get her Japanese visa) along with seat selections and it UNAMBIGUOUSLY listed flight KE 724 departure time as 1340 (I'm looking at the e-ticket right now)

Originally Posted by speedbird0125
First of all, sorry to hear about your story. Your flight seemed KE724 from KIX to ICN. I think that KE724 has been scheduled to depart KIX at 12:10 during the entire spring schedule, not 13:50. If you purchased your ticket through travel agency or other online websites, it might be their mistake giving you the wrong dep. time on the itinerary.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:34 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Did this cause you to miss the flight?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 2:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

arrived at KIX expecting to have 2-hrs to process thru before flight departure but due to no notice of flight changes had only 27-minutes to boarding cards, get baggage checked in, get thru immigration and RUN to gate where the 777s door closed behind us............

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Did this cause you to miss the flight?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
arrived at KIX expecting to have 2-hrs to process thru before flight departure but due to no notice of flight changes had only 27-minutes to boarding cards, get baggage checked in, get thru immigration and RUN to gate where the 777s door closed behind us............
Sorry for the situation but atleast you got the flight.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 1:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

and will opt for Asiana or Thai next time.................

Originally Posted by flyer31
Sorry for the situation but atleast you got the flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.