Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 10, 11, 12:06 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Programs: | *G | STE+ | HGP ♦ | SPG Pt | MR Au
Posts: 2,631
Upgrading Business Class Seat

I did a little searching but couldn't find much details.

So maybe someone could point me in the right direction or provide information.

How extensively is KE upgrading their Business class seats? (I see most intra-asia routes as having the non sleeper seats.)
Are they upgrading the whole fleet or just part of the fleet?

Thank you.
DHalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 11, 8:25 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast USA/Asia
Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHalltheway View Post
I did a little searching but couldn't find much details.

So maybe someone could point me in the right direction or provide information.

How extensively is KE upgrading their Business class seats? (I see most intra-asia routes as having the non sleeper seats.)
Are they upgrading the whole fleet or just part of the fleet?

Thank you.


KE finished upgrading transcontinental fleet already to my knowledge. With intra-asia flight, you are basically playing russian roulette at the moment. some of their a330s are upgraded, while some are not. sometimes, you will get 747s on the same route instead of a330s, and 747s are upgraded. sometimes you get stuck with godforsaken 300s, and wonder how they decide to still use that piece of junk. those, probably won't be upgraded, as KE will look to replace the planes altogether.
sunrider101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 11, 1:13 am   #3
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Programs: | *G | STE+ | HGP ♦ | SPG Pt | MR Au
Posts: 2,631
Is that true?

The KE website doesn't show all of them being upgraded.

I would be happy if that were really the case of the website being outdated!
DHalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 11, 9:55 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast USA/Asia
Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHalltheway View Post
Is that true?

The KE website doesn't show all of them being upgraded.

I would be happy if that were really the case of the website being outdated!

yeah this website is definitely outdated. i have flown in past month from ICN to BKK and back, and ICN to IAD, and first one had prestige plus, and ICN to IAD had prestige sleeper

Last edited by sunrider101; Oct 13, 11 at 4:28 am. Reason: sorry for getting it mixed up!
sunrider101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 11, 2:24 am   #5
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Programs: | *G | STE+ | HGP ♦ | SPG Pt | MR Au
Posts: 2,631
Thanks for the information!
DHalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 11, 1:13 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Shenandoah Valley (Fly ROA/CHO/IAD)
Programs: DL FO; TK *G; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Posts: 7,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrider101 View Post
yeah this website is definitely outdated. i have flown in past month from ICN to BKK and back, and ICN to IAD, and first one had prestige sleeper, and ICN to IAD had kosmos sleeper (rather than prestige sleeper as noted on the website)
The Kosmo seats only apply to F. In Prestige, you've got Prestige Plus (angled lie-flat) and Prestige Sleeper (flat bed), so it's a bit unclear what you're saying. Sounds like IAD-ICN had exactly what was advertised. What type of seat (not name) did you have on ICN-BKK?
mtkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 11, 4:29 am   #7
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast USA/Asia
Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkeller View Post
The Kosmo seats only apply to F. In Prestige, you've got Prestige Plus (angled lie-flat) and Prestige Sleeper (flat bed), so it's a bit unclear what you're saying. Sounds like IAD-ICN had exactly what was advertised. What type of seat (not name) did you have on ICN-BKK?

you are right. my apologizes. I got the names mixed up. It was angled lie-flat for BKK route as well.
sunrider101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 11, 10:53 am   #8
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Programs: | *G | STE+ | HGP ♦ | SPG Pt | MR Au
Posts: 2,631
Thanks for the follow up.

Are they done refurbishing planes?

Or are they going to continue with rest of the fleet?
DHalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 8:14 pm.