Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Advice needed on refund, rebooking, and unclear email

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2011, 3:54 am
Original Poster

I had booked a flight between NRT-ICN for Oct 25, then I phoned their toll-free customer service number and changed my flights, by cancelling the Oct 25 flight completely and initiated the refund process, and then booked a more expensive flight in its place between LAX-ICN on Oct 31.

I wanted to pay for the new flight with the money I had already used for the old flight (and then add on the remainder), however KE said that was not possible. So as a comprimise, they arranged to reserve a seat for me until Sep 30, by which point I had to pay for it.

They also said the refund would have come through by this time (upto 4-6 weeks ffs).

But this is the email I got sent originally. I cannot understand what they are trying to say. It is very unclear, at least to me. Any help?

Originally Posted by Korean Air
"This is koreanair service center in Europe.

My name is ****, I’m in charge of refund.

I’m writing to inform you about your air ticket *** **** *** ***.

It’s been requested to refund, and it’ll be keep processing with your new ticket from Los angeles to Seoul.

Your refund service charge could be waivered with your new ticket.

As soon as your new ticket issued, I’m going to refund your original ticket without refund fee.

I’m sorry to be delayed, I hope you don’t mind this procedure.

If you have further questions, please email me.

Thank you very much for your understanding."
This sounds like they won't refund me until I pay for the new flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.