Paid Standby Upgrade

Old May 18, 2011, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Paid Standby Upgrade

Does anyone know if Korean Air allow paid standby upgrades at the airport on check in, like for example Thai Airways do when seats are available.
Two of us are traveling from ICN to BKK in a few weeks. One is ticketed in Y and the other in C and we would like to upgrade the one Y to C if possible.
Unfortunately we don't have any noteworthy status or enough miles with KE.

Thank you for the feedback!
Old May 20, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: Skyteam
No such thing available on KE. They will go empty, rather than fill them up when coach is empty. However, KE is known to upgrade celebrities time to time.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
Originally Posted by skchin
No such thing available on KE. They will go empty, rather than fill them up when coach is empty. However, KE is known to upgrade celebrities time to time.

my father who is a million miler at KE gets free upgrades all the time, if there are seats available.

Now of course, he is a very good public speaker, and i don't know its him or not, but he gets them :-p

I, on the other hand, a lowly Morning Calm member, has not received any upgrades, even with open business class as of yet (except for that one time when i travelled with my dad)
Old May 31, 2011, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback, this is what I expected

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.