Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KE 085

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2011, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

KE 085

Will be heading to JFK via ICN in about 2 weeks. I see that KE 085 is operated with the "old seats". (Y)

What can I expect in Y in terms of avod, ife food etc?

Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: UAPlatinum/* gold, United Club, KE 'morning calm'/skyteam elite
Every time Ive flown KE JFK-ICN or reverse (did flt 85 in august) theyve had the AVOD in headrest on demand movies/short program, etc, with a long list to choose from.

Dinner is usually BiBimBab (plus soup, salad, desert) or a western choice. Midnite snack (my choice of words, not theirs) which has varied... something like a baked korean char siu bao (if you dont know what im talking about think of it as a small sandwich where the bread totally encloses the meat & sauce), bananas, mini pizza slices... i think there have been oter things over the years...., then breakfast which would be your choice of western, or jook, which is korean rice porridge (think of it as breakfast oatmeal, just made from rice instead)... on diferent flights, i have that offered in either pumpkin or green tea flavor. The green tea one is a little more savory, which i prefer.... the pumpkin is sweet.

oh! and when they come through w/ beverage trays (not talking about the full service cart right now)... the choice is usually water, orange, pineapple, or.... GUAVA juice.

hope that helps!
Old Feb 19, 2011, 9:03 pm

regarding seats, isnt flt 85 a 747-400?
Old Feb 20, 2011, 1:34 pm

Programs: Asia Miles, Skypass
Originally Posted by bologna1767
regarding seats, isnt flt 85 a 747-400?
yes.

and later this year it will turn into a 77W when A380 starts operating KE81/82
Old Feb 21, 2011, 8:53 am

Speaking of the 747's. Is there such a thing as the dreaded legroom eating IFE boxes on KE085's?
Old Feb 26, 2011, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by yannix
Speaking of the 747's. Is there such a thing as the dreaded legroom eating IFE boxes on KE085's?
I usually stick to the aisle... plus im vertically challenged, so ive never had to retain this info.... sorry!
Old Mar 22, 2011, 3:28 pm

I'm answering my own question in the hopes that this would be helpful to someone. The 747 I was on this weekend had boxes on seats D, F & H, while E, G & K had none. I didn't get a chance to check out the other side (ABC) looked like.

HTH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.