Wiki Posts
Search

KE to Asiana at ICN

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
KE to Asiana at ICN

Traveling LAX-PUS in J, arriving at ICN on KE at 0510. Flight leaves for PUS at 0810 on Asiana. Plenty of time, but I've never been to ICN and just wondering what the process is to get from KE to Asiana. Any food recs at ICN? If anyone has a good link for ICN info, would appreciate it.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:49 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
Incheon is a great airport, one of the best international airports in the world. Food choices range from decent Korean and Japanese food to KFC and McDonalds. Free wifi is offered to the public at the Naver lounge areas.

More ICN info
Old Mar 21, 2010, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by dd992emo
Traveling LAX-PUS in J, arriving at ICN on KE at 0510. Flight leaves for PUS at 0810 on Asiana. Plenty of time, but I've never been to ICN and just wondering what the process is to get from KE to Asiana. Any food recs at ICN? If anyone has a good link for ICN info, would appreciate it.

Regardless you fly on KE or OZ on ICN-PUS, the transfer process would be the same. After clearing immigration, pick up your bags and go through customs. You will be on the first floor, so go up to the third floor and head to check-in counter island A. Then check in for your ICN-PUS flight on OZ. BTW, OZ does have business class on domestic flight. Sometimes, they operate aircraft with business class on ICN-PUS in which case, business seat would be given to *G members on first come first served basis. If you want business seat on ICN-PUS, go with KE. However, mind you that there is no lounge in domestic departure area at ICN. For food, go up to the fourth floor if you want decent selections. But expect to shell out at least USD20 on the fourth floor.

It is too bad that KE got rid of ICN-PUS flight departing at 0700 operated by A333 as an international flight a few years ago. With this flight, there was no need to clear immigration and customs at ICN. Plus, pax could stay in international departure area which had more facilities than domestic departure area.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:34 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Depending on your tastes, there are a lot of newly (within the past year I believe) opened places on the lowest level. They seem to be popular with the airline/airport employees, so probably priced more reasonable than the fourth floor places. Though perhaps geared more towards Korean tastes than foreigners. I never really eat at ICN in anyplace but the lounges, so am probably not the best to give advice, but just from looking at the quantity of places since the airport did it's remodeling, there seems to be at least an equal number of places landside as airside, if not more. So I wouldn't really worry about being stuck on either side. You won't go hungry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.