Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

Seoul - Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt or Westin Chosun?

Old Oct 30, 2008, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD

I will visit South Korea for the very first time this coming February and ask the Seoul experts in this forum to help me decide where to stay from these three hotels: Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt or Westin Chosun. (I've eliminated W Seoul Walker Hill and Sheraton Grande Walker Hill from consideration because I gather from their master threads in the SPG forum that they're a bit out of the way.)

I will be staying for five nights. I don't have any specific criteria in choosing so I will depend entirely on opinions, suggestions and recommendations expressed here. (One thing I HAVE decided is to visit the North Korean border.) Just to show how woefully ignorant I am of the accommodation choices in Seoul, I've even resorted to reading the hotel reviews at TripAdvisor.com , and FWIW, Westin is #6, Park Hyatt is #14 and Grand Hyatt is #26.

I have earned free nights from Hyatt's ongoing Faster Free Night promo and I also have a decent amount of Starwood points to burn so any of the hotels will do, including splitting the stay if suggested.

TIA for any and all responses.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 12:38 pm

Grand Hyatt is one of my favorites in Seoul - slightly older than some of the newer 5 stars so rooms slightly smaller. But near Itaewon, if that is you're thing. Not sure why tripadvisor ranks so low, maybe cuz it's pricy.

Westin Chosun is one of my favorite places for business breakfast meetings - used it often when staying at the Lotte Hotel next door. Never stayed in their rooms. Located in old central area, next to myeong-dong.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 12:25 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Contrary to the above poster, I would pick the PH in a flash over the GH, having stayed at both. I found GH rooms (except the end rooms) small and, at least when I stayed, rather dated. Plus, the hike or taxi ride up the hill to get back is a major pain.

The PH is located right at a subway stop and close to the KCAT city air terminal, where the PH will pick you up for free. There's also a large mall diagonally across the street. Rooms are much nicer than at the GH.

With FFNs, there's nothing to decide IMO, the PH wins hands down. *wood points don't expire nearly as fast as the FFN program ends.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.