Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

Incheon Airport Guide

Old Mar 25, 2017, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Airport amenities and services include free internet and free showers.

Transportation into Seoul
The Airport Railroad Express (AREX) operates two trains: an Express Train which goes directly to Seoul Station, and the All Stop Train that services 12 subway stations on the way into Seoul.
  • Express Train: Adults 8,000 won ($7 USD) one way (duration: 43 minutes)
  • All Stop Train: Adults 3,950 won ($3.50 USD) one way (duration: 56 minutes)
KAL limousine bus to select hotels (Koreana, The Plaza, Chosun, Lotte, others)
Adults 16,000 won ($14 USD) one way
Tickets can be purchased at the ticket booths just outside the passenger terminal arrival area on the first floor.
Taxi The usual fare will be in the 75,000-95,000 ($66-84 USD) range.

Incheon has Terminals 1 and 2 as well as a concourse building (gates 101-132); they are connected by shuttle train (the Starline).

The main terminal has been renamed Terminal 1 now that the new Terminal 2 has been completed.

Print Wikipost

Incheon Airport Guide

Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Incheon Airport Guide

A Wiki has been set up; will be expanded.

Last edited by muji; Mar 25, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Incheon's second passenger terminal is expected to open in October 2017.

Last edited by muji; Apr 19, 2017 at 10:00 pm
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Have begun researching non-hotel places to stay at near the airport (since I will have an overnight stay between flights and prefer not to go into Seoul).

Would really like to stay in an ondul-type room in a quiet home, maybe a room the family rents out, preferably in a rural-type setting.

Does anyone have a recommendation, or advice to give on this?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There are regular and "luxury" airport buses that serve many of the major hotels, CODEX, and the main train station IIRC. With luggage, this can be much more convenient than using the train/subway.

There's also a new monorail that goes around in a loop covering the area around the airport.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There are regular and "luxury" airport buses that serve many of the major hotels...With luggage, this can be much more convenient
You're right - the limousine bus options might work best for some travelers. I'm planning to add information on those options to the wiki.
Old May 20, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA, NW
There are regular and "luxury" airport buses that serve many of the major hotels, CODEX, and the main train station IIRC. With luggage, this can be much more convenient than using the train/subway.

There's also a new monorail that goes around in a loop covering the area around the airport.

Yes, when I was in Seoul, I stayed at a guest house near the main train station. My landlady recommended going to ICN on the bus that left from the bus plaza outside the station. It was fast and efficient, running on a dedicated busway for much of its length, and reasonably priced, and I enjoyed seeing a bit more of Seoul.
Old May 21, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Are you referring to the maglev at Incheon airport? The maglev's intent was to serve as a technology demonstrator while also serving the airport business community and also linking a small village towards the end of the island. As it was seen more as a research project than anything commercially viable, the project was delayed for years while Hyundai Rotem developed the technology. As of May 2017, the track runs to an area outside the airport. Then the car switches tracks and returns to Incheon airport. Currently all rides are free, so it is something that might be of interest for people who have a few hours during a layover. But with the new terminal coming online this year, I speculate that the track might be extended to reach the new terminal.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 10:23 am
Original Poster

The new terminal is expected to be completed by September of this year, but the actual opening of the terminal is now scheduled for January 2018.

This video gives updated information:
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:45 am

Anyone have any details on a new first class lounge for KE in the new terminal yet?
Old Jan 27, 2018, 10:35 am
Original Poster

the new terminal is open

Received an email from Korean Air this morning; it states
"Since January 18, 2018, Korean Air operates in Terminal 2 of Incheon Airport. Terminal 2 Airlines: Korean Air, Delta, Air France, KLM. For flights operated by other airlines, please use Terminal 1."
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
best airport cnx. to SE Asia

The free showers and the free transit tour make this (IMO) the best airport for cnx. to South East Asia.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, UA, AA ExPlat, AS, HHonors Diamond, Avis Preferred, Marriott, Priority Pass
Prior to opening Terminal 2, shuttle from Terminal 1 to Concourse (or vice versa) only provided for one way (i.e. you can't go from Terminal 1 to Concourse then back to Terminal 1 and vice versa). Now with the opening of Terminal 2, can you take the train back and forth between Terminal 1-Concourse-Terminal 2.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaskade916
Anyone have any details on a new first class lounge for KE in the new terminal yet?
Photos here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29354617-post58.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.