Community
Wiki Posts
Search

South Korea Trip

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 12:37 am
Original Poster

South Korea Trip

I really want to go to South Korea. When is the best time to visit? You know, the time of the year when tickets and hotels aren't that expensive... Would appreciate your suggestions!
Old Feb 16, 2017, 8:29 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Welcome to FT!

what are you in South Korea for? snow/ski? shopping?
also where in south korea, jeju, busan, or seoul.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!

I'd like to go to Jeju Island and Seoul. I'd love to experience the snow and a little shopping on the side won't hurt, too.lol
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
You could start with this:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

using the "calendar" search month by month

with your home airport (s) to ICN Seoul Incheon International, South Korea

and "length of trip" a short range like 8-10 days.

To some extent hotel rates have similar patterns to airfares. More so big international cities with lots of tourism. But you could do something similar with www.hotwire.com or other sites to search for the hotel patterns.

And then your local library probably has some travel guide books on Korea. I know the Lonely Planet series almost always has a few pages on weather and other travel date information as to good times to visit.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:31 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
I guess you are trying to do the trip without spending much money, but it looks like you aren't getting many answers here in Budget Travel, so I am moving the thread to Korea forum.

~moderator
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: UA, NW
Have you bought and read a guidebook yet?

All the ones I know about have a section on weather, as well as answering other basic questions about in-country transportation, passport and visa requirements, food, types of hotels available, sights in different cities, etc.

My favorite way to search for hotel accommodations is to go on Booking.com, which brings up a selection of hotels and hostels in all price ranges, complete with photos of the property and customer reviews. I've used it in six different countries and have been satisfied with the results.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ksandness
Have you bought and read a guidebook yet?

All the ones I know about have a section on weather, as well as answering other basic questions about in-country transportation, passport and visa requirements, food, types of hotels available, sights in different cities, etc.

My favorite way to search for hotel accommodations is to go on Booking.com, which brings up a selection of hotels and hostels in all price ranges, complete with photos of the property and customer reviews. I've used it in six different countries and have been satisfied with the results.

Thanks! Do you have any suggestions on a guidebook? Something that I can download online would be great..

Originally Posted by Romelle
You could start with this:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

using the "calendar" search month by month

with your home airport (s) to ICN Seoul Incheon International, South Korea

and "length of trip" a short range like 8-10 days.

To some extent hotel rates have similar patterns to airfares. More so big international cities with lots of tourism. But you could do something similar with www.hotwire.com or other sites to search for the hotel patterns.

And then your local library probably has some travel guide books on Korea. I know the Lonely Planet series almost always has a few pages on weather and other travel date information as to good times to visit.
Nice! Thanks for the links.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Feb 19, 2017 at 11:58 pm Reason: Combine consecutive posts of same member.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: UA, NW
Originally Posted by jazzmyhne
Thanks! Do you have any suggestions on a guidebook? Something that I can download online would be great..

Nice! Thanks for the links.
The Rough Guide to Korea is available in Kindle format, and you probably know that you don't even need a Kindle--there are Kindle apps for iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: most of them
You don't need to buy a book. There's tons of useful tourism info on the web for free. I have a whole folder full of websites on my computer.

Here's a good place to start
http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/index.kto
http://www.visitseoul.net/index

both have downloadable pdf guides

Last edited by glennaa11; Feb 23, 2017 at 8:58 pm
Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Wonderful. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.