Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ICN Immigration - Business / First Class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

ICN Immigration - Business / First Class

Does ICN have an express line for First / Business class immigration? Some airports do and I was hoping that was the case here.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 7:03 pm

Programs: Skyteam
No special treatment.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.

As for Korean Airlines. Do they have a special line for their Prestige Class to check-in? I heard the checkin process is a zoo at ICN.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:43 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
If you are flying First or Business, there is a priority line for check in. It will be very civilized.

Just be aware that mornings tend to be busy at Incheon. The only area that may take some time is the security and immigration line.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 2:15 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
You can use the "Diplomat/Crew" security line if you do your check-in and immigration at Seoul Station OR City Air Terminal at COEX in Gangnam. You are required to check in 3 hours before your flight (at the latest). At these places, they will issue boarding passes, take your bags and you will go through immigration there. Then, from Seoul Station you catch a train (COEX uses limousine bus).

If you do get to ICN and find that the immigration lines are a mess, you are allowed to use the crew/diplomat line only at the boarding time listed on your boarding pass. Just find someone working the line to help you. When it's the time on your pass, you can cut through and use the crew/diplomat lines. There's still enough time to make it to your flight.

As far as it being a "zoo," I typically wouldn't say so. For almost five years that I've lived here, I've only seen it a "Zoo" once. Two weeks before Christmas on a Saturday morning. I waited 45 minutes in the Web Check In Line (which actually didn't even work when I tried on my phone). Other times, I always arrive an hour and a half or so (sometimes less) before my flight and have no problems. The "zoo" depends on which airline, flight and time of year. Don't worry too much about it!
Old Jul 11, 2016, 5:10 am
Original Poster

mikesaidyes ... Thanks. We are staying at the Grand Hyatt Incheon Airport., so most of the info may not apply to us. The boarding time short cut, however, sounds good. thanks
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:08 pm

Programs: Skypass, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Asiana, Krisflyer, Etihad Guest, Velocity Rewards
Originally Posted by profguy
Thanks for the info.

As for Korean Airlines. Do they have a special line for their Prestige Class to check-in? I heard the checkin process is a zoo at ICN.
Yup, they sure do.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: DL SM
I'll be arriving (Biz Class) DL and departing (Economy) CZ in early evening of a weekday, likely both in the Concourse building with two hours between flights. Is it worth/possible trying to do a round-trip to the Main Terminal in order to try the Korean food at the Sky Hub lounge?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Originally Posted by BrianMinn
I'll be arriving (Biz Class) DL and departing (Economy) CZ in early evening of a weekday, likely both in the Concourse building with two hours between flights. Is it worth/possible trying to do a round-trip to the Main Terminal in order to try the Korean food at the Sky Hub lounge?
In my opinion, it would not be worth it. I am assuming you will not be allowed back to the main terminal airside very easily. You have just arrived and are doing a transfer. But your second flight is located in the same terminal as the one you arrive at. So I'm not sure if airport officials will allow you to visit the main terminal when there is no need to go.

But if you really want to try it, then one way that is possible is to go through immigration and then head upstairs and go through security to get to the Sky Hub. But then time really becomes a factor here.

Walking from plane to underground tram. 10 mins
Tram ride. 5 mins
Walk up escalators to immigration 5 mins
Going through immigration. 5-15 mins (depending on how busy it is)
Walking from arrivals up to departure 5 mins
Clearing security 10-20 mins

So lets say it can be anywhere from 40 to 60 minutes to get to Sky Hub.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.