Wiki Posts
Search

ICN Luggage Help

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2016, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

ICN Luggage Help

I have two groups.

Group 1 (3 people) – Delta to ICN. Korean Air to Hanoi. Two separate tickets.
Group 2 (2 people) – Air Canada to ICN. Korean Air to Hanoi. Two separate tickets.

Both arrive between 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm. The Korean Air flight is the next morning at 8:30 am. We are staying at t he transit hotel in the airport. Delta says they cannot link the tickets so baggage can go all the way through. Air Canada is TBD.

On the return, Korea Air says they cannot link to either Delta or Air Canada. One layover is 4 hours. The other is 8 hours.

How can I avoid customs and immigration and simply send my luggage to the final destination?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 9:58 pm

Programs: Skyteam
If they do not have interline agreement, there is no other way.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 6:39 am
Original Poster

If that is the case, am I allowed to clear customs and immigration, recheck my bags and then stay in the Transit Hotel?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 6:55 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
You'll need a boarding pass to get back through security. The only available options outside security are, of course, hotels off property or the Spa on Air sauna on B1.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:01 am
Original Poster

mikesaidyes ...

Getting a boarding pass is no problem. Here is a slightly more complicated version of the question. Your guidance would be much appreciated.

We arrive at 6:30 pm and depart the next morning at 8:30 am. Do you think we can do the following?

Claim luggage, clear immigration and customs. Recheck baggage, clear security and stay in Transit Hotel. I guess the real issue is will they take my luggage that early and will they let me reenter that early.

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
You'll need a boarding pass to get back through security. The only available options outside security are, of course, hotels off property or the Spa on Air sauna on B1.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:52 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by profguy
mikesaidyes ...

Getting a boarding pass is no problem. Here is a slightly more complicated version of the question. Your guidance would be much appreciated.

We arrive at 6:30 pm and depart the next morning at 8:30 am. Do you think we can do the following?

Claim luggage, clear immigration and customs. Recheck baggage, clear security and stay in Transit Hotel. I guess the real issue is will they take my luggage that early and will they let me reenter that early.
Have you contacted Korean Air to see if they will permit you to clear, recheck, clear and reenter? A trick that used to work a number of years back at SIN, go to immigration, explain your intention, leave your passport, retrieve your luggage, return for passport, go to Transit hotel, spend the night, return early enough to immigration to pass through and go to check in land side.
If this fails, cancel Transit Hotel and use close by hotel near airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.