Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

Is a visit to Panmunjom a 'must' on any DMZ tour?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is a visit to Panmunjom a 'must' on any DMZ tour?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by sitrus
Yes I know. But when I spoke to them about it I couldn't figure out if they were opposed to me (and only me) going there, because they thought it dangerous, or because that would cut into our short time together, or a little bit of both.
My wife is Korean and she and her family have no interest to do the DMZ tour. She is now a Canadian citizen so she could do the tour, if she so chooses, but there is simply no interest. I ended up doing wit with a buddy who is an English teacher here.

We enjoyed the tour but could understand why the Koreans have no interest. It is a chapter in their history that they probably want to move on, rather than re-visit, and I respect their decisions.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
The JSA is the most important part and is unique. Sure, the other stuff may not be as exciting to most, BUT if you have to pay that much money, you might as well see something else while you're there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.