Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

Trying to remember name of downtown Seoul hotel has in-room free laptop computers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trying to remember name of downtown Seoul hotel has in-room free laptop computers?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

A few years ago, I spent one night in Seoul during a layover. I stayed at a hotel in downtown Seoul, somewhere near a big government building.

The room was on a club-level or something like that and every room had a laptop computer for guest use, free of charge.

The other things I remember is that the hotel had a pretty nice restaurant on the top floor that serve breakfast buffet. Restaurant was decorated French style...(if that makes any sense) There was also a Dunkin Donuts within walking distance. I was also able to see a historical-looking palace or garden from my room.

Can anyone help me figure out the name of that hotel?

Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:38 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
There are several right there. I know the big government building is most likely City Hall. There is a Dunkin Donuts near there (this is my neighborhood haha, I have been on many a coffee date at that DD after ice skating in winter).

As far as hotels, it's either the Lotte Hotel, Westin Chosun, The Plaza or The President Hotel.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, Delta Platinum, US Platimum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I am sure it is either Westin Chosun or Plaza hotel.

Any reasons to ask this question? Going back to Korea?
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kcmj1234
I am sure it is either Westin Chosun or Plaza hotel.

Any reasons to ask this question? Going back to Korea?
I think it was the Plaza. Searched online for pictures and they matched what I remembered.

I was just trying to sort hundreds of digital photos on my computer that got renamed for no reason.

Going back to Korea is a must for me. I didn't have time to take the DMZ tour the last time. I visited Berlin 11 days before the Wall came down. I didn't have time to see the wall at all. I figured there was always next time. The Wall came down and I visited Berlin two years later. Wasn't the same without the Wall.

I have also never visited Cuba. With the US and Cuba becoming friendly again, I will probably never get to see what life is like over there under the sanctions.

As for Koreas, I should probably visit the DMZ before North Korea and South Korean become united?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by AppleApe
As for Koreas, I should probably visit the DMZ before North Korea and South Korean become united?
You are joking, right?

A group of maniacal psychopaths who torture and kill their own citizens like Stalin and Pol Pot, armed with an arsenal of nuclear weapons, is going to "unite" with a country that gives freedom and prosperity to it's people and is a part of the international community of free nations.

When pigs fly....
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: Skyteam
Wipe down the mouse and keyboard.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by skchin
Wipe down the mouse and keyboard.
At first I didn't understand, then when I realized what you meant I burst out loud laughing . That was a good one. Then.....

Just now was watching some cute dog video on youtube and the next video that came up was this (not another dog video like it usually would):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNeN20slZYs

as I don't understand Korean, is this some propaganda ........ or just some South Korean soap opera?

If it's the former, that would be kinda freaky...time for a new computer and internet provider...
Old Mar 22, 2015, 5:57 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
It's a Chinese drama from 2011 called The Glamorous Imperial Concubine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gla...rial_Concubine
Old Mar 22, 2015, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
It's a Chinese drama from 2011 called The Glamorous Imperial Concubine.
Thanks mike, once again very much appreciated. Although I am a bit embarrassed and feel a bit racist that I mistook Chinese actors for Korean . I'm chalking it up to the shock at seeing an Asian drama scene after an adorable puppy video, that's still so strange...

Thanks again though!
Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:56 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by JamesEaston
At first I didn't understand, then when I realized what you meant I burst out loud laughing . That was a good one. Then.....

Just now was watching some cute dog video on youtube and the next video that came up was this (not another dog video like it usually would):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNeN20slZYs

as I don't understand Korean, is this some propaganda ........ or just some South Korean soap opera?

If it's the former, that would be kinda freaky...time for a new computer and internet provider...
Still can't distinguish between Korean and Chinese eh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.