Wiki Posts
Search

Night bus to Itaewon

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL
ICN Night bus to Itaewon

I'm arriving on KA086 at 4am. I believe I am supposed to take the #6030 bus to Itaewon. From what I can tell the first bus isn't until 620am? Also the train/subway first train is 520! Is there any options to Itaewon if I am ready to leave the airport shortly after 4am or just a taxi is the only option?

TIA

Last edited by remphish1; Oct 21, 2014 at 11:38 am Reason: Added to title for clarity
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Just take the first subway. Korean taxi drivers are generally honest people, but at 4 AM at the airport, who knows WHAT you'll get! Not to mention you'll be bleary eyed and might not catch the bad apple.

Not to mention cabs from the airport are like 50-70,000W (if not more).

Look at this way. You might land at 4 AM, but by the time you get off the plane, 4:15, customs, get your bag 4:30, bathroom and coffee 4:45. By the time you walk to the AREX station, get a ticket, get down to the platform - 5. Only a little time to wait.

To get to Itaewon, take the all stop AREX train at 5:23 to Gongdeok Station. Transfer to Line 6 and it's just 4 stops to Itaewon.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Just take the first subway. Korean taxi drivers are generally honest people, but at 4 AM at the airport, who knows WHAT you'll get! Not to mention you'll be bleary eyed and might not catch the bad apple.

Not to mention cabs from the airport are like 50-70,000W (if not more).

Look at this way. You might land at 4 AM, but by the time you get off the plane, 4:15, customs, get your bag 4:30, bathroom and coffee 4:45. By the time you walk to the AREX station, get a ticket, get down to the platform - 5. Only a little time to wait.

To get to Itaewon, take the all stop AREX train at 5:23 to Gongdeok Station. Transfer to Line 6 and it's just 4 stops to Itaewon.
Thanks I just may do that however I have been reading the stats on my flight and often it arrives at 3am! That would be a long wait!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Taxi ride is going to be expensive!

Btw, what are you planning on doing in Itaewon at 7 or 8am? Most places are not open at that hour.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nme7
Taxi ride is going to be expensive!

Btw, what are you planning on doing in Itaewon at 7 or 8am? Most places are not open at that hour.
Believe it or not I have a tour I am joining leaving at 745am. Was hoping to throw my suitcase at my hotel catch breakfast and if available check into my room for a minute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.