Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

Transfer from ICN to GMP: How much time needed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I'm a first-time traveller to Korea. My flight will arrive at ICN at 15:25. I would like to fly to Jeju that evening. Is it possible or advisable for me to book the 18:55 flight departing from GMP? Will I have enough time?

Thanks,

Arwee
Old Sep 16, 2014, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Arwee Vamvanij
Hello,

I'm a first-time traveller to Korea. My flight will arrive at ICN at 15:25. I would like to fly to Jeju that evening. Is it possible or advisable for me to book the 18:55 flight departing from GMP? Will I have enough time?

Thanks,

Arwee
Yes, it should be, check-in closes 20 minutes prior to departure at GMP. Take the train, it will be around 30 minutes, and cannot get stuck in traffic.

If you fly one of the budget Korean Airlines to CJU they won't rebook you if you miss it due to a delay arriving at ICN. KE and OZ are more likely to be forgiving if you are late.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by SirJman
Yes, it should be, check-in closes 20 minutes prior to departure at GMP. Take the train, it will be around 30 minutes, and cannot get stuck in traffic.

If you fly one of the budget Korean Airlines to CJU they won't rebook you if you miss it due to a delay arriving at ICN. KE and OZ are more likely to be forgiving if you are late.

We had a similar itinerary but arrived early in the morning to ICN and ended up taking a bus to GMP which was easier for my inlaws because they had extra luggage to bring and didn't want to deal with the train. So take the amount of luggage you're bringing into consideration and consider leaving any extra baggage at ICN (or GMP) if you are flying to Jeju right away especially.

That said, if you arrive at 15:25, I'd think you'd want to allow for maybe an hour of navigating through clearing customs/immigration and finding your way around ICN if you need to make pit-stops for anything. Also, if you plan on taking the train, allow for some time to buy T-Money cards or tickets (you should familiarize yourself with the process as much as possible beforehand - it's pretty easy though). So a flight to Jeju at 18:55 should definitely be doable. If you take the bus, you'll have to take street traffic into consideration (this was not an issue for us since it was early morning when we caught the bus... may be a different story closer to rush hour over there). So as SirJman suggested, train/metro would be the best way.

Good luck and have fun! Jeju is a beautiful place

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.