Wiki Posts
Search

passport stamp in Seoul

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Exec, Amex Plat, HH Diamond, Starwood PP
passport stamp in Seoul

I have a 2.5 hr layover in Seoul. Coming from Shanghai, then on to San Francisco. Is there enough time to exit customs, get a passport stamp, then get back through for my flight to SF? Thanks
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:22 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Penntraveler2001
I have a 2.5 hr layover in Seoul. Coming from Shanghai, then on to San Francisco. Is there enough time to exit customs, get a passport stamp, then get back through for my flight to SF? Thanks
I reckon there's plenty of time. Passport control was never too painful, and the same goes for security checks.

If you're interested in architecture, check out the train station area of ICN (you don't need to buy a ticket). It's a bizarre, post-modernist specimen.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: Skyteam
There are some eateries and shopping area underneath the entrance.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 8:03 am

ICN has tours for those with layovers, though I think your 2 and a half layover may be too short to take advantage of those tours.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 9:10 am

Don't tell immigration you are just going through only for the stamp though, since they'll send you back saying you don't have enough time. Tell them you want to get lunch, go check out the train station or meeting a "friend" (something that actually requires you to go outside)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.