Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seoul - Houston

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2012, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Seoul - Houston

I am trying to book a R/T flight for my daughter, who lives in Seoul, to Houston at Christmas. She prefers Asiana, but when I go to their web site am immediately re-directed to their U.S. site from which I can only book travel originating in the U.S. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: Skyteam
Have you tried using a 3rd party travel sites like expedia or orbitz?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
Asiana has notoriously one of the crappiest non-Chinese airline websites. That being said, there should be no problem re-directing yourself to the Asiana - Korea English home page through the pull down menu at the top right hand side of the page.

Your main problem though is there is no HOUSTON option as a destination. Call one of their American offices to price out something like ICN-SFO(OZ), SFO-IAH(UA).
Old Aug 16, 2012, 6:10 pm

I would google "korean travel agency" and you will find several websites or telephone numbers. It doesn't matter whether they are located in Houston or not, since they will book online for you anyways, so I would call and ask for flights from seoul to houston. and let them that know your preference for Asiana.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by laladisco
I would google "korean travel agency" and you will find several websites or telephone numbers. It doesn't matter whether they are located in Houston or not, since they will book online for you anyways, so I would call and ask for flights from seoul to houston. and let them that know your preference for Asiana.
-1 Do not call a TA. Call the carrier directly, explain what you need and pay the telephone booking fee. Why make this complicated?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:37 pm

I wonder if Houston can have enough passenger traffic to warrant a direct flight from ICN?
On KE DFW-ICN flights, I see a lot of SE Asian passengers connecting thru ICN and the plane always seems full.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by laladisco
ABSOLUTELY

Originally Posted by Often1
-1 Do not call a TA. Call the carrier directly, explain what you need and pay the telephone booking fee. Why make this complicated?
YMMV

Just like any other TPAC flights, inquire with travel agencies from the destination culture group in your local area.
Korean travel agency in Houston or Texas is the best way to find cheapest flight and most knowledgeable staff. Asian airline phone staff might not know where Houston is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.