Overnight layover ICN

Subscribe
I've searched a few threads related to the topic, but none quite answer my dilemma - I will be arriving in ICN at 6pm and flying out the next morning at 9am ... should I take the train into Seoul for the night or stay closer to the airport?

I realize near the airport would be cheaper and easier, but is it worthwhile to go into the city? At best I will only have a few hours - after security and the train in, I figure I'd get there around 9pm and then would want to leave around 6 am or so.

Thoughts?
That is a rather short layover to go downtown to see anything short of the night markets as well as achieve any quality rest. Stay at the Hyatt by ICN - great hotel. Little more price conscience you can choose the New ICN Airport Hotel
Incheon (the town)
Incheon - the town, is a trip. It is populated by airport workers, towns people and few passengers. I stayed at a bizarre apartment hotel with two hugh vending machines in the room, self cleaning robotic toilet, and way more electronics than was necessary. I found a barbeque joint a few blocks away that refused to feed me because I was western. I knew it had to be great so I pleaded and they fed me. The food was stupefyingly unbelievable. It was one of those great travel experiences that I'll always remember. YMMV.
chefdg1 any chance you remember the name of either the hotel or the restaurant?

Thx
Incheon town - like Blade Runner
Sorry, I can remember the hotel room and the restaurant vividly. Unfortunately the names are a blank. I do remember that it was an area called Incheon Airport Town Square (which is very close to the airport). This is not Incheon - the city. It's a whole other thing. It felt more like Blade Runner Town. I hope that makes some sense. I've just returned from a day of wine tasting.
I too have a short (16 hour) layover at ICN. I'm opting to stay in Airport Town Square, which is the area near Unseo station. I haven't been there before, but it sounds like a good option. The restaurant mentioned in this thread may be the same one mentioned in the review here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/...tel-queen.html

I'm staying at Hotel Sky Incheon, incidentally.
Two hotels about 1 mile away, Best Western and Hyatt. Both have complimentary shuttle buses. I usually stay at BW and then cross the street to Hyatt for dinner.

Your other option is to remain in the airport, book the transit hotel [above the airport lounges], comfortable, reasonable price. Then you can walk the airport, get a bit to eat as there are some nice fast food or restaurants to choose from.[then you can just check bags through]
Thanks for the tips, found a hostel near ICN for $20 a night - reviews were looked awesome and as I'm travelling F class I figure I can handle a little slumming for a stop as short as this!
Photos of the Incheon Town Square hotel & restaurant
I've located two photos of the places I could not remember. One is the bizarre hotel room and the other (more importantly) is the restaurant that I thought was terrific. Good luck.

I'm interested in this as well. I am flying in ICN at 2025 and leaving the following day at 1230. Do I have time to go to the city and grab some good food? I do not mind staying at the Hyatt since it only costs 8000 points, but I'd hate to miss seeing the city.
Quote: I'm interested in this as well. I am flying in ICN at 2025 and leaving the following day at 1230. Do I have time to go to the city and grab some good food? I do not mind staying at the Hyatt since it only costs 8000 points, but I'd hate to miss seeing the city.
I have an almost identical layover coming up. I'm already booked at my usual spot (Yeha Doye Guesthouse in Insadong--great place and amazing value for location and the bus from the airport to a few blocks away is only 10000KRW), but I'm wondering what to see in the later night hours and earlier to mid-morning hours. I've been three times but only for overnights and usually I regret not going outside of the Insadong area. Any suggestions for stuff to do would be great. I'm thinking Seoul Tower, but idk much else.
I did more research and it seems like it would not be worth it. I am just going to stay at the Hyatt ICN. 8000 points after devaluation, or ~$200.
If you guys know you will be have a layover overnight, why don't you take few days make yourself free to see the place properly rather than rushing it.
Already have a stopover and open jaw in my itinerary
Also, I have no more vacation days haha.
I may end up extending my stay by a day in the end. Only reason I'm doing an overnight is to relieve me of my boredom at home.