Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

ICN transit shortened to less than 1 hr

Old Sep 30, 2011, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

We have award tickets from TPE-ICN-SFO. TPE-ICN is with Thai and ICN-SFO is with United. Today, I received an email about a change in schedule. My initial ICN transit was 2 hours. With the latest change, it became 55 minutes only. Is that going to be enough time for us? We are traveling in Business, and I guess we will lose out the lounge experience in ICN. But I guess the most important question is whether we (and our luggage) can make the United flight out-bound ICN on time.

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 7:49 pm

ICN lounges arent the best in the world (and the OZ lounge in the Int'l Airline terminal, even less so.

If your inbound is ontime, 55 minutes is more than enough. You can still probably have enough time to pop into the lounge, Its a compact terminal.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:57 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Agreed - the Asiana lounge is ok but nothing to get too excited about. If you don't have time to visit it, it's not a big loss. Nicer than the SFO UA lounge but not as nice as the BKK Thai Air lounges (if that's any help).
Old Oct 1, 2011, 8:47 am

Ya 55mins is enough time and since u can get out of the plane earlier, it helps u.

The transit security line can be pretty long though.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

Thanks to all for your explanation. It helps to ease my worries from the short transit at ICN. Unfortunately, the SFO transit has been added an extra hour (making it 3 hours) by removing an hour from ICN. Not very happy after hearing lounge in ICN is superior than SFO... but oh well... Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.