Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

International Transfers via Seoul Incheon International Airport - Anyone done it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International Transfers via Seoul Incheon International Airport - Anyone done it?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Transferring from AY to JL. They should both be at Concourse A. Unfortunately I cannot OLCI on JL. The JL website says, they have no tranfer desk at the Concourse and checkin will be an hour before departure at the gate. How does that work?

Or am I better off going thru immagration and check in as usual? I have 3 hrs transfer time, so that should be enough.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
FinnAir and JL are OneWorld. If your tickets are on the same itinerary, you should be able to go to the departure gate to collect your boarding pass (if you don't get it on first flight out). Just show your itinerary at the transit security.

You do not have to clear security. As they are both oneworld and presumably they interline, your baggage will go all the way to Tokyo/Japan.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Thanks. I was actually on different tix, that's the reason behind my doubts. Thus no interlining, either (way to go, OW!)

I guess I just have to really learn to trust the Japanese - when they say checkin at the gate 60 mins before departure, it means that. I checked in without any issues and 10 minutes later I was paged again - seat 19C changed to 1K ^ Obviously they take seriously op-upping by status.

The only issue could have been lounge access (I had over 2 hrs to kill before the gate checkin opened) but my DC card took care of it at the KL lounge - I don't know if my OWE status worked or will it go to DC. But as lounge visits with my DC are free, who cares?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Hertz President Circle
Arriving into ICN via AA. Have a 90 min connection switching to KE - single ticket when purchased so bags should be interlined.

Will I make my connection? Seems it might be tight. One thing I'm worried about is AA being able to issue last leg boarding passes to KUL. Is there a transfer ticket counter if I need?

Thanks so much in advance.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by tt120
Arriving into ICN via AA. Have a 90 min connection switching to KE - single ticket when purchased so bags should be interlined.

Will I make my connection? Seems it might be tight. One thing I'm worried about is AA being able to issue last leg boarding passes to KUL. Is there a transfer ticket counter if I need?

Thanks so much in advance.
Yes there will be transfer ticket counters, and since you will be transferring from the satellite to a main terminal KE flight no problems there also.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:35 pm

Can someone help me out please?. I have a flight booked through a travel agent from YYC - YVR -ICN with Air Canada, it was booked on one ticket. I then have a flight with Korean Air to BKK.

From what i can gather these are interline partners, do i have to fly to ICN then collect luggage & then check in with Korean Air or will my luggage go through to BKK?.

If checked through to BKK do i just need to pick up boarding pass airside with Korean Air?.

Thanks.
Old May 2, 2017, 9:37 am

Hi all-

Looking for confirmation of my understanding here. Flying LAX > ICN > BKK and will have ~4 hours for our layover. 1st segment is Asiana, 2nd Segment is Thai Airways. Can you confirm whether we'll need to go through Customs or if we will need to claim/recheck our baggage or if it'll make its way to our final destination (BKK)?

TIA!
Old May 5, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Both are on Star Alliance correct? If so then they should be able to check your bag all the way to BKK.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: Delta
Flying from Japan to SFO, with transit through ICN. Japan to ICN will be on LCC, then ICN to SFO on Korean Airlines. Two separate tickets. No check-in baggage. Will I be able to check-in to my Korean Air flight in the transit area or will I need to go through immigration? Same question for return from SFO to Japan.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:01 am

If you are flying LCC, they most likely will not check bags through for you. I have only heard one random case of Jeju Air doing this for someone who had a reservation through United for both the LCC and United. It is essentially an LCC rule that they don't do check through bags to save money on services. In this case, you will have to clear immigration to collect your bags and go landside to do check in for the other flight.

Pad your schedule carefully for delays and potential waits at immigration/security. Certain times of day are very busy and honestly it is hit or miss as to how long you wait based on what planes are landing, number of Koreans vs foreigners etc.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
If you are flying LCC, they most likely will not check bags through for you. . . .
Thanks for the reply. But no checked bags. Carryon only. Is there a desk in the international transit section where I can check it to my Korean Air flight to SFO?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:08 am

Ah ok good. Yes,, Korean Air has huge, clearly marked transit desks in several locations throughout the airport, including on the 4th floor near the showers.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:55 am

Hi Guys, I really need some help here, I'm confused.

Will be flying Korean airlines (codeshare flight from S7 airlines) from Jakarta to ICN, arrived est 7.30AM, with 3 hours transit time, and will depart at 10.30AM.

I called Korean airline and they said that I need to claim my luggage at ICN, so it means that I need to clear immigration. even tho they are on the same oneworld, but Korean can't make the baggage transfered, so I need to do it by myself.

I never been to ICN before so I am totally have no idea how the airports gonna look like and the lines of security check and immigration. Which terminals to go, where and how

Will it be enough time for me ?

arrived -> security check -> clear immigration -> baggage claim -> security check and check in for my next flight to Russia in less than 3 hours ?

Latest check in at 10AM..

Thanks everyone, I'd be glad if someone talk me down so I am not nerveous
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:00 am

Korean Air is not one world. They are SkyTeam. What airlines are operating both flights? Is this on one ticket or is it two separate tickets? Once you clarify that, it is easier to help you.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Korean Air is not one world. They are SkyTeam. What airlines are operating both flights? Is this on one ticket or is it two separate tickets? Once you clarify that, it is easier to help you.
Yeah sorry Korean is SkyTeam, it is booked under 1 ticket, but still Korean couldn't check my baggage all the way to Russia, I called them..

The airline is S7 Airlines, and it's oneworld.

But somehow S7 managed to booked my flight with Korean Airlines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.