Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW: KLM Economy Comfort!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2016, 12:10 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Gajan
I think this issue has been discussed sufficiently now. Please continue with the regular discussion regarding KLM EC.

Gajan
Pity. I was hoping that LH_001 would eventually describe the kind of mistreatment he kept refering to. A short bondage story would have spiced up this thread, wouldn't it?

Back to EC then.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 12:10 pm

HEL-AMS: 6 euro paid to move from middle seat in row 20 to window seat in row 3. Sorry, for these kind of prices I will support KLM with this stupidity.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 12:43 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Another user name to remember
HEL-AMS: 6 euro paid to move from middle seat in row 20 to window seat in row 3. Sorry, for these kind of prices I will support KLM with this stupidity.
I don't think this is stupid, but rather clever to a certain degree (no revelation), but it is in some ways a way to not give these seats for free out.
Anyway, prices drop as it gets closer to check in, so for those that still want to have 100% guaranteed of these seats (and without any being Plat or higher with FB or SM), they still pay the higher price.

my 2 cents.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:06 am

This might not be the right thread to ask this in but:

EC middle vs row 51 exit row aisle?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Skyteam Elite Plus do not receive a 50% discount anymore.
Then it pays to be FB Ivory with the 10% discount.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Skyteam Elite Plus do not receive a 50% discount anymore.
Then it pays to be FB Ivory with the 10% discount.
??

According to their website:

"Per flight: EUR 60-150
Depending on the duration of the flight.

Frequent flyer discounts

Free of cost for:
Travellers on a fully flexible KLM ticket
Flying Blue Platinum and SkyMiles Platinum and Diamond
50% discount for:
Flying Blue Gold members or SkyMiles members
SkyTeam Elite Plus members
25% discount for:
Flying Blue Silver members or SkyMiles members
SkyTeam Elite members (for Economy Comfort seats on Delta Air Lines flights only)
Old Aug 15, 2016, 11:58 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
They confirmed on Twitter the discount isn't valid anymore for non-FB/DL Elite Plus. This is also reflected on the travel agent website.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:28 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

They confirmed on Twitter the discount isn't valid anymore for non-FB/DL Elite Plus. This is also reflected on the travel agent website.
I did not know that previously other non FB/DL ST E/E+ members received the discount. This is good news in some way as now at least the cabin don't fill up too fast as my travels are most of the time last minute, so can only select the seats late after the ticket is issued when flying KLM.

This seems also in line with other programs especially *A where only Elite members of the operating airline gets these seats complimentary or at discount prices.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arriving at the gate a few minutes before boarding commenced this afternoon, I was surprised to see over a dozen pax already lined up on the priority side. Most unusual for this particular flight.

When we boarded four pax took seats in EB (of which two picked middle seats, must have been either OpUps or infrequent discounted J leisure flyers) everybody else ahead of me made their way to the back of the plane and took seats in rows well behind the wing, including a couple of middle seats.

Shorthaul EC must have been designed specifically with frequent flyer satisfaction in mind.

Johan
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:34 pm

Do you have a link? Am surprised DL Elite plus no longer receive discount since FB elites still have access to Delta EC+ seats

Last edited by Grouchy; Aug 16, 2016 at 8:42 pm
Old Aug 17, 2016, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Arriving at the gate a few minutes before boarding commenced this afternoon, I was surprised to see over a dozen pax already lined up on the priority side. Most unusual for this particular flight.
Often enough it seems that people don't know where to queue, on a recent CDG-AMS flight, the priority queue was at about the same length as the normal queue which was very unusual, when they started priority boarding only the first 10 pax or so actually went forward, and then there was a 5m gap between the priority boarding sign and the beginning of the queue...
Old Aug 17, 2016, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Grouchy
Do you have a link? Am surprised DL Elite plus no longer receive discount since FB elites still have access to Delta EC+ seats
That's not what KLflyerRalph has said. Only FB and DL elites get the discount.

Which, to be honest, was how I always thought it worked - as a Skyteam Elite Plus via AZ, I have never been offered any discounts on EC.

Here's a screen grab from a post I made in a thread over on the AZ forum just over a year ago:

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Free/discounted "Economy Comfort" seating is not an alliance benefit.

Don't confuse this with "Premium Economy" - it's not. Delta and KLM both charge extra for some seats, and they have decided to give a discount to their frequent flyers for these seats. Because they both have a similar offering on board, they eventually decided to give reciprocal rights to each other's status flyers.

Alitalia has no equivalent "Economy Comfort". (Instead, they have a proper, full-on, separate cabin - Premium Economy).

Free baggage is a published alliance benefit - so of course you will obtain free checked baggage on KLM with your Freccia Alata Plus status.

Old Aug 17, 2016, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ditto
Often enough it seems that people don't know where to queue.
Most of the pax yesterday were sitting or standing in the waiting area, the line for regular boarding was about as long as the priority one, and seemed to consist mostly or perhaps entirely of a group ofItalians. When priority boarding began, they started to complain loudly to each other, apparently indignant that we were allowed to board first, even though they had been standing in line just as long, if not longer.

Johan
Old Aug 17, 2016, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Maybe that was when the penny dropped that they were about to board a KLM, rather than Alitalia, flight!!!
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
That's not what KLflyerRalph has said. Only FB and DL elites get the discount.

Which, to be honest, was how I always thought it worked - as a Skyteam Elite Plus via AZ, I have never been offered any discounts on EC.

Here's a screen grab from a post I made in a thread over on the AZ forum just over a year ago:
KLflyerRalph mentioned only FB members and DL elites plus (and no DL elites). Wanted to be sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.