Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW: KLM Economy Comfort!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gajan
Or that there is sufficient demand for EC LH that they can raise the prices.
Perhaps there is, but then why am I consistently seeing seat maps at OLCI where almost all the €€€ seats are still available? Demand must vary a lot between destinations.

Johan
Old Aug 9, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Is priority boarding given to EC seat passengers? I saw a post from 2011 on this thread that says it is not, but would like to know if this policy may have changed since then.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
No. .
Old Aug 9, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
No. .
OK. Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:28 pm

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum, TK Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Richard1148
Is priority boarding given to EC seat passengers? I saw a post from 2011 on this thread that says it is not, but would like to know if this policy may have changed since then.
It is when the flight is handled by Delta.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've almost gotten used to the fact that KL no longer sees any reason to automatically allocate me an EC seat, or any seat whatsoever. An unpublished PE benefit, presumably. Fair enough, I can pick my own. I do so directly after booking, and invariably pick 6D, as row 6 is the only EC available at that time. When, this morning, I checked an upcoming flight got a pretty weird seat map. It doesn't distinguish any business, EC or EER seats whatsoever. Looks like the entire flight is in a single Y configuration, with only one window and one middle seat available ahead of the EERs. Lots of seats available in the back, though. My EC seat allocation had vanished.

Most peculiar!

Johan
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tried again, and now got a perfectly normal seat map with no fewer than four rows of EC (21 seats available) and two EERs (all 12 seats free).

Johan
Old Aug 14, 2015, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aviatrix
One of the things that really annoys me about KLM's system. They should upgrade an Elite, not give the seat to someone who flies once a year.
I happened to arrive at the gate yesterday afternoon just in time to join the priority line as the last pax. The regular line started boarding right behind me. I was thus in a position to see where all the priority pax took their seats. A few were in EB, one (in addition to myself) in EC, all the others in regular Y, some of them really far towards the back. These must all have been non-platinum elites.

Needless to say, EC then completely filled up with statusless once-a-year vacation flyers.

Johan
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
Originally Posted by Richard1148
In AMS no priority is given. But I have been lucky at other cities when EC is included with elites just before economy.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 10:01 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Needless to say, EC then completely filled up with statusless once-a-year vacation flyers.
This pisses me off so much.

There are only a few places, outstations, where as a Gold I am upgraded to EC when asked at checkin. Everywhere else, including AMS, they will upgrade random pax and let the Gold elites sit at the back. I have complained numerous times when I saw this happening - and while they confirm every time that the policy is to upgrade elites at the gate - I have NEVER seen this happen even once.

Another thing that annoys me is the fact that when your flight is changed the EC booking/payment is not transferred. When I fly for work we generally change the return flight last-minute after the work has been completed. And even though the original booking had a (paid) EC seat, when the flight is changed I will have to re-pay and have the TA go though the refund process for the original seat. Thats not just annoying at that time, but also the paperwork becomes a mess: Original EC booked through TA, second one by me - so I'll have to explain why I've paid for EC twice, and so on. The TA refund may, or may not ever arrive - I have no way to check.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:40 pm

Hi all,

I am debating flying KLM from YYZ to BSL (with a stop in AMS) in March 2016. Looking to book in the next little while or maybe hold out for a business seat sale.

Was wondering a few things:
1. Are KLM's Economy Comfort seats always sold yet/quite hard to get or if I book this far in advance should I be ok?

2. Does anyone know if the C.A.R.E.S harness will work on the Economy Comfort seats? And do the armrests come up on these seats? How much extra is Economy Comfort anyhow?

3. Will the harness work on the Business Class seats? The YYZ to AMS leg seems to be on a Boeing 747-400 and the AMS to BSL leg seems to be on a Embraer 190 if that matters.

Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2015, 9:35 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
1. That should generally be fine. If you know exact dates we can check availability if you like.
2. I have no experience, however I do know that the normal economy and economy comfort seats are identical. They have just been configured differently (allow more recline). Armrests are generally movable except the one next to the isle.
3. If the harness requires to go around the seat I would expect these to not work in business class.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by Aviatrix
They are assigned for free. One of the things that really annoys me about KLM's system. They should upgrade an Elite, not give the seat to someone who flies once a year.

And the same, BTW, goes for emergency exit seats. I've seen them occupied by the most clueless people imagineable - and by people who spoke neither English nor Dutch.

It presents itself A LOT on short-haul flights - especialy short short-haul flights. On my usual routes (NWI-AMS and AMS-HAM) both EC and the emergency exit row are usually empty, or nearly so, when I do OLCI. If it's a light load they remain empty. If it's a full flight they get filled with the people who didn't check in online.
Your loyalty and elite status are not important, we too the leisure travelers are humans and need comfort
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Your loyalty and elite status are not important
But they are, and since there is nothing much you can do about it, you might as well get used to it.

Life ain't fair, people are treated differently everywhere and all the time, for reasons good and bad. Feel free to do something about the bad ones if you are so inclined, but don't waste your energy on the rest.

Johan
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
1. That should generally be fine. If you know exact dates we can check availability if you like.
Was thinking Sunday, March 13 to Wednesday, March 23 - but can move it one day or another either way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.