Wiki Posts
Search

Martinair Considers Intruducing "Business" Class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2009, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Martinair Considers Intruducing "Business" Class

"Martinair wil aan boord van zijn passagiersvliegtuigen weer een business class service gaan bieden. Dat zegt managing director Paul Gregorowitsch van het KLM-dochterbedrijf in een interview met zakenblad FEM. Door de in 2007 geschrapte Star Class te herintroduceren kan de Nederlandse luchtvaartmaatschappij een passend product bieden aan business class-passagiers van KLM die overstappen op Martinair-vluchten."

Martinair wants to reintroduce Star Class so that they can offer C class pax transferring from KL a suitable product.

Good idea, I guess it won't take long for WBC to deteriorate to the point where they can simply rename it Star Class anyway. ES qualified for that name long ago.

Source:luchtvaartnieuws.nl

Johan
Old Nov 21, 2009, 12:51 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
Better idea than the "comfort class" they have now.
Half the plane is equiped with this "comfort class" with 3 cm more legroom, standard recline, standard meals but with a free chocolate with coffee after dinner and a free video player (costs 12 eur to rent in the back) and that at a fee of EUR 65 or so per flight.
And that all in some of the oldest 767's still flying today.

But the big question is: what will the pricing be......
Old Nov 22, 2009, 4:45 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
The pricing used to be between 200 and 400 euros more expensive one way than the standard economy product. Although Star Class wasn't exactly comparable to WBC I found it an acceptable bit extra money for a considerably more comfortable seat and a decent service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.