Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2008, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman PElite
Priority Pass lounge access

Can anyone recommend the Priority Pass card for gaining access to various lounges througout the world?

I fly out of ABZ and BKK mostly, so I would like access to lounges at these locations, with the option of entry for a companion when my wife travels with me.

I think the Priority Pass may be US based? so I'd like something similar based around the UK or Europe (or this may not be necessary?).

A basic membership would suffice, with a payment made each time I use a lounge for myself and my wife.

Priority Pass does a flat 27 dollar entry with same again for companion. Anything better you could recommend?

I'm slipping down the Flying Blue ranks these days (lowly silver I'm afraid), so I don't use the Crown Lounges any more. I think the Servisair is accessible with Priority Pass, as is the Louis Tavern lounges at Bangkok.

Any input greatly appreciated.

cheers for now

Tamoo and Mrs Tamoo x
Old Aug 11, 2008, 3:10 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by tamoo
- Priority Pass card
- ABZ and BKK
- with the option of entry for a companion when my wife travels with me.
- A basic membership would suffice, with a payment made each time I use a lounge for myself and my wife.
Hi there,

- Yes, the Priority Pass works quite well. And no, it's definitely not US limited, although it won't help much in YUL or CDG.
- In ABZ, it's the Servisair lounge indeed, in BKK, any of the three Louis Tavern loungers
- Correct. Basic membership is unlimited at $27 per visitore

It has worked quite well for me in the past, when I'm not traveling international with the alliance on which I have lounge access.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Aug 12, 2008, 3:40 am

Programs: FB Plat for Lifetime, Hertz & Sixt Gold; Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime, Amex Platinum
Priority Pass good buy for frequent travellers

PP to me is among the must haves. Even if you fly budget carriers you will still have access to lounges (of course, small airports often don´t even feature lounges). If short haul economy is the choice you will still be able to use lounges regardless airline flown.
The HKG KL/AF-lounge for instance is not very inviting and I always prefer the Premium Plaza Lounge with PP-access instead.
The more you travel, the more you will value the Priority Pass. Here in Germany the Priority Pass comes along with the Amex Platinum and Centurion. Maybe worth considering if your local Amex offers a similar portfolio.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 4:50 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by Raymeister
Here in Germany the Priority Pass comes along with the Amex Platinum and Centurion. Maybe worth considering if your local Amex offers a similar portfolio.
In The Netherlands it's the same.

And you get the most expensive one with Amex, with Prestige Membership, all you visits are free, you have to pay for your companion.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No need to purchase basic membership. IMHO, PP only makes sense if you're going to make use of the "unlimited" option.
Plenty of lounges offer paid-for entry.
For ABZ, you can buy directly from Servisair, but be warned that their lounges are a joke- I often prefer the public waiting areas, even when I'm entitled to access the lounge for "free".
However, for some reason, buying access to the ABZ Servisair lounge is cheaper when done through Loungepass, where BKK's Louis Tavern Lounge is also available, as well as the Menzies AMS lounges. If you're silver, it may make sense to catch a few extra segments on UX or something and get yourself to Gold, at which point you'll also have guest access at no extra cost....For me, the Crowd Lounges at AMS are the best part of travelling with KL...
Old Aug 12, 2008, 5:01 pm

Priority Pass access in another terminal?

Can you access a club that is in a terminal for which you don't have a boarding pass? For example, in EWR, there is a club in Terminal B but if I fly out of another terminal can I get through security at Term B to access the club? Or, is there a way to move terminal to terminal without going through security again?
Old Aug 12, 2008, 5:25 pm

Programs: FB Gold, BA Gold, UA Gold
Originally Posted by skyscraper
Can you access a club that is in a terminal for which you don't have a boarding pass? For example, in EWR, there is a club in Terminal B but if I fly out of another terminal can I get through security at Term B to access the club? Or, is there a way to move terminal to terminal without going through security again?
I believe it very much depends on the airport. I've had no problems doing this at BWI but no luck at LHR, for instance. Not sure about EWR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.