MD11 problems continue, multiple delays again

Old Apr 18, 2008, 2:56 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by likkie_lakkie
I really do not see how this last comment could be interpreted any other than to slag off KLM, especially since it's in response to a very positive experience shared by one of the other forum readers.
HB-IWC's comments in this thread are completely on-topic and more relavant to the discussion of the thread than comments on fine in flight services, tasty meals and comfy seats. No pun intended. I have my share of positive experiences with KLM as well. I think that positive commenst deserve a place on this forum as well but there is no need to bash HB-IWC's excellent on-topic contributions to this thread.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 3:45 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi all,

I would also like to express my thanks to HB-IWC for this thread, especially after been on the receiving end of a 5-hour delay due to the AMS-YUL MD11 breaking down, and having to wait for a replacement (a 747). (So no touching the fuselage before departure, as it never got to YUL in the first place)

Information from the KLM website indicated a flight cancellation, while NWA had more accurate information (and did a great job of protecting onward connections for me).

KLM is one of the airlines, if not the airline with the highest utilization on their long-haul fleet, and any trouble has a cascading effect. During summer peak periods, it can get really difficult to catch up.

And yes, like many on this board, I've had very good experiences with KLM, and that's why I still fly with them. However, being aware of issues makes it a lot easier to plan.

Thanks once again, HB-IWC. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.