Wiki Posts
Search

Looking to book EDI-AMS-SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2003, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD DC, KL FB, HH
Looking to book EDI-AMS-SFO

I'm planning to start burning my FD account with a pair of EDI-AMS-SFO C-class returns for next summer - would be grateful for any tips on the following:

- I gather there is absolutely no point in trying to pay for Y tix and upgrade with points (as this would be NW metal), however getting C-class on points alone should be OK - yes?

- how far ahead can I book this? (the earliest I would be going is June 2004)

- should I use the website, phone the PE helpline or do something else?
Old Jun 5, 2003, 3:11 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
AMS-SFO is currently run by KLM with an MD11.

A return award will cost you 80k miles. An upgrade both ways would be 40k.

As far ahead as next year you should be able to book V or Q class cheap tickets via klm.com and upgrade these. This would be my option. Only ever use a full award for very late travel when I can't get cheap tickets.

pmcg
Old Jun 5, 2003, 8:39 am

I find it even cheaper to fly to NY and then internal flight in US
Old Jun 5, 2003, 9:11 am
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
I got a deal for NCL AMS SFO rtn in December for £200 + tax and then upgraded us to C no problem. As soon as you get a PNR # they can upgrade you in theory that is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.