Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question About KLM Seat Selection Procedure

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Ah! Then the anomaly is that you ever received Precheck, when you are not entitled to it
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Ah! Then the anomaly is that you ever received Precheck, when you are not entitled to it
Exactly.., no idea what triggered it though
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wunk
I am not officially enrolled in TSA's Precheck. That's the interesting part.
It is not an anomaly.

I'm 100% on TSA Pre✓ so far, yet I'm not officially enrolled either. There must be certain criteria that allow certain pax flying with participating airlines to use TSA Pre✓ even though they are not enrolled. What these are is anybody's guess. Nationality? ESTA? Flying F or J? Maybe they just like me? I can't tell ya. The TSA must know, as it has to be their decision.

Johan
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Wunk
I am not officially enrolled in TSA's Precheck. That's the interesting part.

I'm still waiting for RTP-NL to launch so we Dutchies can start enrolling for Global Entry and thus precheck. There's no official way (that I know of) to enroll into precheck for me at this moment.

Still..it was on my (and my co-pax's on the same PNR) domestic boarding passes last month.
Is your co-pax enrolled in PreCheck? Then you would get PreCheck if you are on the same PNR.
A friend of mine, not a U.S. citizen or resident, just visitor, gets PreCheck every time she travels with me on the same reservation if I get PreCheck.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
It is not an anomaly.
Well, if sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't - my comment was to a different poster who stated that it was not consistent in their experience - then there is an anomaly!

Originally Posted by johan rebel
I'm 100% on TSA Pre✓ so far, yet I'm not officially enrolled either. There must be certain criteria that allow certain pax flying with participating airlines to use TSA Pre✓ even though they are not enrolled. What these are is anybody's guess. Nationality? ESTA? Flying F or J?
I would venture that it is your (previous) membership of Privium, which is integrated to some extent with US/TSA databases ("Flux")
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
I would venture that it is your (previous) membership of Privium, which is integrated to some extent with US/TSA databases
I read somewhere that 'legacy' FLUX membership carries on, even if they don't offer it anymore. However just being Privium doesn't guarantee the TSE Pre label.

Source: I'm privium
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, if sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't - my comment was to a different poster who stated that it was not consistent in their experience - then there is an anomaly
Yeah, but an anomaly is a deviation from a standard or norm. There may well be perfectly rational criteria that result in a given individual getting TSA Pre✓ on certain occasions, and not on others. It may, in other words, be intentional instead of an error.

Johan
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
As a UK citizen not enrolled into Pre check I have had Pre on all flights both to the US and internally when flying UA and or LH so just presumed it was the airline and class of travel rather than having been enrolled.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
Given that you had luggage to send, it's weird that this didn't get fixed at the check-in counter, did the agent not ask for your final destination and print you a new boarding pass?
What does your luggage tag say? Only AMS or AMS-BUD?
I just found the luggage sticker.
It says:
KL 0642 AMS
KL 1973 BUD

I have to assume the "large tag" said the same.

Anyway, thanks to all who took the time to comment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.