Search

Access to the Crown Lounge at Schiphol during Renovations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold
Access to the Crown Lounge at Schiphol during Renovations

Found this:

As of 1 June 2017 until March 2019 from 07:30 to 11:00 hours (peak hours) the following entry rules apply:

* Lounge vouchers are not accepted.
* Staff and Duty travel customers are not accepted
* Guests of Flying Blue Platinum and Flying Blue Gold and SkyTeam Elite Plus members are only accepted outside peak hours
* Guests of Ultimate, Skipper and C2000 customers are accepted
* Customers travelling to a Schengen destination can make use of the KLM Schengen Crown Lounge (25) instead.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: FB Plat, Privium
Does this only apply to the non Schengen lounge?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:15 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by MrTL
Found this:

As of 1 June 2017 until March 2019 from 07:30 to 11:00 hours (peak hours) the following entry rules apply:

* Lounge vouchers are not accepted.
* Staff and Duty travel customers are not accepted
* Guests of Flying Blue Platinum and Flying Blue Gold and SkyTeam Elite Plus members are only accepted outside peak hours
* Guests of Ultimate, Skipper and C2000 customers are accepted
* Customers travelling to a Schengen destination can make use of the KLM Schengen Crown Lounge (25) instead.
Thanks for sharing. Does the release also include any information regarding contract lounge users, such as DL Skyclub members and other partner airlines?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I would imagine this applies to both KLM lounges, as it mentions the other lounge specifically.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold
I could not find any reference to the partners, but I guess DL medalions are treated the same as FL elites. So Unobtainium/Diamond/Platinum and Gold will be treated like Platinum and Gold FB members. I will dig a bit further. I have a whole internal document but I am not sure if I can post it here.

BTW. It does only apply to the Non-Shengen lounge.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Confirmed but I am unsure if it is also for the Schengen lounge?

KLM’s non-Schengen Crown Lounge peak hours are:
Mornings: daily between 7.30 and 11 am
Evenings: not applicable

KLM’s Schengen Crown Lounge peak hours are:
Mornings: daily between 7 and 10 am
Evenings: Thursday and Friday between 7 and 9 pm

Guests of Flying Blue Platinum, Flying Blue Gold and SkyTeam Elite Plus members are only accepted outside peak hours
Guests of Ultimate, Skipper and C2000 customers are accepted
Old Jun 2, 2017, 10:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
No, the construction is happening in non-Schengen (52) so Schengen is unaffected, IIRC.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:08 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
So what will KLM offer to the pax that will be denied access?

Being able to access with a guest is a published benefit. They should be able to offer an alternative, even if just a voucher for a meal outside the lounge?

If this was a temporarily thing this wouldn't matter so much, but we are actually talking about a 2-year period here.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Why are they required to offer you compensation for this? It's an operational issue, and lounge access is a privilege, not a right.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:00 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Unscheduled short maintenance is an operational issue. Denying access for 2 years is being too cheap to set up an alternative. In my opinion at least.

This renovation is not something they made up last week. They have been planning this for years. I really see no reason why they could not include an extra space into the lounge, or set up something with vouchers to allow pax get the privileges they have earned.

I'd say that access is a right when they advertise it, and pax invest money into earning status. Status does not come for free. Access for 2 pax is a Skyteam rule that they are now blatantly ignoring.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Agree. KLM said that there is [currently] no form of compensation for denied guests.
I also contacted Skyteam to see what they think of this and if KLM should provide alternative arrangements.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:29 am

I have to agree with Xandrios here. Quoting his own words,

Originally Posted by Xandrios
unscheduled short maintenance is an operational issue
and requires planning in order to minimise disruption to affected customers, but it seems that KLM are in a world of their own. Even AZ, when the lounge landside at FCO was being refurbished, offered a voucher to those affected. It doesn't take much, does it.

G
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gajan
Thanks for sharing. Does the release also include any information regarding contract lounge users, such as DL Skyclub members and other partner airlines?
I too am very eager to hear if SkyClub Executive members will be able to bring in a spouse/guest during this period.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Fair point, Xandrios. Agreed on that front.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Gajan
In curious there also. DL DM get free SC membership and cAn choose to upgrade to executive. DL has a contract with KLM to provide access to, two guests for executive SC members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.