Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transavia metal on KL-operated flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Transavia metal on KL-operated flight

Check out the recent flight history (since 06 Feb) of PH-HZX. It's being used as a KLM plane. KLM crew, KLM service but Transavia seats and pitch. Has anyone flew? Is this normal for a full service airline like KLM?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:23 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
For a limited time only

From the TA website:

Tijdelijke aanpassing vliegtuigen naar een aantal Europese bestemmingen

In de periode van 6 februari 2017 tot en met 24 maart 2017 vliegt KLM Cityhopper (KLC) tijdelijk met Transavia-toestellen naar een aantal Europese bestemmingen.

De reden van de tijdelijke aanpassing is dat KLM in deze periode een aantal vluchten van KLM Cityhopper overneemt en een leaseovereenkomst met Transavia heeft gesloten om deze vluchten te kunnen verzorgen.
De toestellen van Transavia;
- beschikken alleen over een Economy Class-cabine en hebben geen Europe Business Class en Economy Comfort Class
- hebben een KLM-crew en –catering aan boord
- kunnen tegemoet komen aan alle speciale verzoeken (SSR’s) met uitzondering van stretchers (SR STCR)

Aanvullende informatie;
- Europe Business Class-passagiers worden persoonlijk geďnformeerd over de
materieelwijzigingen.
Zij worden in de gelegenheid gesteld om hun ticket om te boeken of te downgraden
- Economy Class-passagiers ontvangen tijdig een bericht van KLM-Connect
- Passagiers die al voor een stoel hebben betaald, krijgen opnieuw een stoel toegewezen en ontvangen een refund indien er geen stoel beschikbaar is, waarvoor zij hebben betaald
- Speciale verzoeken (SSR’s) die al zijn ingediend, worden behandeld, met uitzondering van stretchers
Old Feb 19, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Wow that's crappy if you booked EBC. I knew KLM sometimes leased their planes to HV but not the other way round.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:35 am

Programs: FB Elite
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Wow that's crappy if you booked EBC. I knew KLM sometimes leased their planes to HV but not the other way round.
Meh, the post above says you'll be allowed to downgrade. You get your money back and row 1 on Transavia isn't that much worse than row 1 on KL in EBC. For a temporary solution it looks OK to me.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:39 am

It only applies on three routes:

Flight number From To Dates
KL1350 PRG AMS 07 February to 25 March
KL1413 AMS LYS 19 February to 25 March
KL1414 LYS AMS 19 February to 25 March
KL1847 AMS VIE 19 February to 24 March > except on Saturdays
KL1848 VIE AMS 19 February to 24 March > except on Saturdays
KL1359 AMS PRG 06 February to 24 March
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
What's the underlying reason for KLM taking these flights over from KLC? Increased demand?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
Likely both KLC and KLM expanding fast, so 2 HV 737-800 are now operating on behalf of KLM. I think 1 AC is used for standby.
KLC recently introduced LCY flights and KLM added an extra flight to LED just days ago.
To be on the safe side production wise i guess KLM uses some HV equipment.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:35 am

Apparently, two HV planes will be repainted in the KLM livery. Will they maintain the HV interior?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:13 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by FrancisBegbie
Meh, the post above says you'll be allowed to downgrade. You get your money back and row 1 on Transavia isn't that much worse than row 1 on KL in EBC. For a temporary solution it looks OK to me.
Chances are that a downgrade to Y may not give you much of a refund. Remember, a discounted business ticket is often similarly priced as a last-minute economy ticket.

So, since for many people who booked long ago, the downgrade would happen right before the flight, chances are that the availability is limited and there wont be much to collect at all..
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Perhaps in future KLM will add a "Buy a seat on a non-Transavia plane guarantee" as an additional add-on purchase for all tickets
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Chances are that a downgrade to Y may not give you much of a refund. Remember, a discounted business ticket is often similarly priced as a last-minute economy ticket.

So, since for many people who booked long ago, the downgrade would happen right before the flight, chances are that the availability is limited and there wont be much to collect at all..
I don't think I've ever seen discounted business tickets for EBC so that wouldn't be too much of a problem.

Also this may only be for pax who've seen their equipment change from a regular KL plane to the HV one -- if you were to book such a flight now it would tell you when booking that the flight is operated using 'an transavia aircraft' (grammar error included), and that it only has eco seating.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:43 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by mfkne
What's the underlying reason for KLM taking these flights over from KLC? Increased demand?
KLM is not taking them over. They are KLC flights operated temporarily by Transavia. And yes I guess KLC is stretched to fly their growing network at the moment. Either lack of aircraft and/or cockpit crew due to expansion and (LCY) training.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by sbams
KLM is not taking them over. They are KLC flights
Are they? Every time I've taken KL1413 (one of the affected flights) it's been a mainline 73G. KL1414 was an Embraer once -- in 2014.

operated temporarily by Transavia.
They're operated by KLM, just with a Transavia plane.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Xandrios

I was caught by this apparently, as discussed in this other thread.

As I was connecting from long haul J on a DL ticket, DL called me last month and offered to rebook me on pretty much any itinerary I wanted, initially proposing an AF connection. I ended up keeping the KL itinerary (as discussed in the other thread).

I got an exit row seat, effectively trading lateral room for leg room. I haven't pushed the refund issue yet as I expect the price difference to be minimal. I am waiting to see how miles post before any followup. (KL took over the ticket, then rebooked the segment into Y class but with a Z fare basis.)
Old Feb 26, 2017, 4:25 pm

Does PH-HZX have recline seats?

Originally Posted by CyBeR
Are they? Every time I've taken KL1413 (one of the affected flights) it's been a mainline 73G. KL1414 was an Embraer once -- in 2014.
They're operated by KLM, just with a Transavia plane.
I recently flew the 1413 on a mainline 737 as well. Flying it in May again, the app says it's an E75 Provided by KLM.

Last edited by Mcflyneo; Feb 26, 2017 at 4:31 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.