Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOG-CTG-AMS on KLM

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:10 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
BOG-CTG-AMS on KLM

Looking to book a flight from Bogota to Milan and saw a cheap J option to fly KLM. For the BOG-CTG leg, do you get a huisje much like on the SIN-DPS legs? Or is it just one for pax who stay on?

Looks fun regardless

Edit: Oh hey would you look at that, UIO-GYE-AMS is also set up like this. Am I going to complete my collection of houses soon?

Last edited by caliform; Aug 9, 2018 at 6:22 pm
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To the best of my knowledge, it is one huisje per pax, not per leg (in both sense of the word ).

Johan
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:58 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Aww, that's too bad
Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by johan rebel
To the best of my knowledge, it is one huisje per pax, not per leg (in both sense of the word ).

Johan
A few years back on SCL-EZE-AMS we all got a huisje before landing at EZE, went around the terminal got back on to be met by a new crew. Coming in to AMS they bring out the huijses again, the FA just walks past me (I'm in the last row) and offers the huisjes to what seemed like everyone ahead (cabin was quite empty SCL-EZE), so I pop to the loo before landing. Get back and discover the guy sat next to me (also travelled from SCL) now had a second... another FA was serving his side of the cabin that seemed to have a different interpretation of the rules.

It had a happy ending though as he didn't want either of them and I ended up with 3
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
I did JKT-KUL-AMS in J recently. Pax doing JKT-KUL only got a huisje before landing on KUL. I not on that leg, but was offered one before landing at AMS. As Johan states, it is one huisje per pax per flight number/full one way journey in the same aircraft. So you will get one huisje on BGT-AMS (even though it stops in CTG) and since AMS-MIL is within Europe with short-haul equipment, there nothing.

Last edited by atflyer; Aug 10, 2018 at 11:56 am Reason: Mixed up Johan R and Goldorak
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given that I'm only still looking for a handful of houses, I generally ask if I can have first pick. I usually get invited into the galley to grab the house of my choice before the tray does the rounds.

On one occasion I had picked two houses in the galley (there were two of us traveling). When I saw the FA starting her huisjes round, I scurried off to the lavatory. During my absence my travel companion was offered a house, and picked one for me as well.

Perhaps not the epitome of rectitude, but hey, bingo!: four huisjes.

Johan
Solevita likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:54 am

Sure, with luck, nice treatment by an FA, the kind of schwindeling trough (can I call it like that Mr. Rebel?) or plain cheating one may end up with 2 huisjes per pax, but 1 is the standard. And, even if you have only a handfull of huisjes unlike almost the full set that Johan has, make a list of the numbers you have. Somehow I managed to select one on my last flight that already was in my inventory of 6-7 :-(
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by atflyer
can I call it like that Mr. Rebel?
Sure, by all means.

unlike almost the full set that Johan has
It's the second set that's eight houses short, and I have another three I would like to replace because they are getting long in the tooth.

make a list of the numbers you have.
A very sensible idea. I currently only have two duplicates, which I will get swapped sooner or later.

Years ago, then then KL CEO's twin daughters were sitting in front of me. They needed one single house to complete their collection, which the FA did not have on her tray. I happened to have one in my bag. I gave it to the FA, who in appreciation gave me a whole barf bag crammed full with houses (no, I didn't ask for anything).

Johan
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:57 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Sure, with luck, nice treatment by an FA, the kind of schwindeling trough (can I call it like that Mr. Rebel?) or plain cheating one may end up with 2 huisjes per pax, but 1 is the standard. And, even if you have only a handfull of huisjes unlike almost the full set that Johan has, make a list of the numbers you have. Somehow I managed to select one on my last flight that already was in my inventory of 6-7 :-(
They even have an app now, to keep track of which ones you have and which ones you want
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by caliform
They even have an app now, to keep track of which ones you have and which ones you want
Haha. Did not know. Will download it on the spot and start using it :-)
Old Aug 11, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue
You can still trade houses,and the other day they had a lot of dublicates, at lounge 52 @ Schiphol. FYI
Old Aug 11, 2018, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
You can still trade houses,and the other day they had a lot of dublicates, at lounge 52 @ Schiphol. FYI
Tnx, will do so next time when I fly non-Schengen.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by caliform
Looking to book a flight from Bogota to Milan and saw a cheap J option to fly KLM. For the BOG-CTG leg, do you get a huisje much like on the SIN-DPS legs? Or is it just one for pax who stay on?

Looks fun regardless

Edit: Oh hey would you look at that, UIO-GYE-AMS is also set up like this. Am I going to complete my collection of houses soon?
KL has no local traffic rights on BOG-CTG and UIO-GYE, so there are no local pax. This unlike SIN-DPS and KUL-CGK where they have local traffic rights and therefore also pax flying only the shorthaul segment.

In terms of the huisje this means that they hand them out prior to arrival into BOG (also for pax flying AMS-CTG) and prior to arrival into AMS (also for pax flying BOG-AMS). Same logic on the UIO/GYE route.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, TK ELP, LA PASS Black, FB Platinum
Originally Posted by swiss_global
KL has no local traffic rights on BOG-CTG and UIO-GYE, so there are no local pax. This unlike SIN-DPS and KUL-CGK where they have local traffic rights and therefore also pax flying only the shorthaul segment.

In terms of the huisje this means that they hand them out prior to arrival into BOG (also for pax flying AMS-CTG) and prior to arrival into AMS (also for pax flying BOG-AMS). Same logic on the UIO/GYE route.
I have flown this route a lot of times. It is like swiss_global said. You get an house before landing in BOG and before landing in AMS. In CTG you stay onboard. Only the crew is changing there.
Untill a few weeks there where crew change in BOG. Now the crew stays in CTG.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
BTW - in CTG can you stay on board when you fly BOG-CTG-AMS or do you have to get off the plane and board again later?

I'm on that flight in September and according to expertflyer BOG-AMS all business seats are gone, however CTG-AMS business is wide open.
Starting from BOG can one get/purchase an upgraded seat for the CTG-AMS leg only while staying in the coach section on the BOG-CTG flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.