Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WBC 744 seating

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
WBC 744 seating

Hey folks,

Got my first long haul J on KLM happening in February next year (JFK-AMS) and it also just so happens to be on a 744 woohoo! Will be my first on a 747 and with KLM J.

My question is, I've heard stories that of you sit in the front seats by a window you get a very different view as you can almost see forward. So for this reason I have sat in 1K. Is it worth sitting in 1K, I won't have direct isle access but I like the idea of the window view.

People who have experienced it, what D'ya think?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
If 1A is available, pick 1A, it does have better view and better privacy.

1K is good, however, you will have to share the space with your neighbour, in which case, I will prefer 4A rather than 1K if I'm travelling alone.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:23 am

1A is indeed a better seat than 1K due to lack of a neighbor... however they'll both have the same view out of the windows. You get a glimpse of a forward view. It's definitely a unique view however is not even close to looking out of a cockpit if that's what your impression might be. The windows at the point in the nose with the most curvature are beside and behind the IFE screen. If you could sit in the closet at the front and look out of those windows you'd get even more of a forward view
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
1A is great if you can get it, but 1K is no slouch. I don't find having a neighbor that bad of an experience in KLM's WBC.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
1A is the only other seat taken .

Neighbours don't bother me too much, I'd obviously rather not but hey! I think I'll stick with the 1K as it's not an everyday choice.

Thanks folks
Old Sep 29, 2016, 1:04 pm

1A is great. But the looking forward effect isn't all that pronounced. Especially in-flight.

You may find no one joins you in 1J though which would make 1A/1K pretty much equal.

These seats btw come with the slight disadvantage of not being able to see the wings. And by that I don't mean "you can't really see them, just the edge", no I mean there's zero way of seeing anything wing-related; the only way you know they're there is by inferring their existence from the fact you aren't crashing down towards the earth.

Last edited by CyBeR; Sep 29, 2016 at 1:34 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.