Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BlueBiz Economy Comfort Seat Guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:59 am
Original Poster

BlueBiz Economy Comfort Seat Guarantee

One of the apparent perks of the BlueBiz programme is that, if available, I am entitled to a free Economy Comfort seat upgrade at the time of check-in. From the BlueBiz.com website:

BlueBiz members travelling on a European flight with KLM (within Y, B, or M class) will be assigned an Economy Comfort Seat for free if available during check-in.
This benefit is part of the corporate recognition programme.
Has anyone here actually managed to get this? I've never been offered it before, but I assume that I need to take the initiative to actually ask for it. In each case that I wasn't offered it (only twice, mind you, when I was travelling in the correct fare class), I noticed several free seats in economy comfort once I got on the flight.

Additionally, how likely is it that non KLM check-in staff (not in Amsterdam) are likely to know about/honour this deal?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It used to be that all customers in Y, B or M (these being the most-expensive, fully flex economy fares) could select EC for free (or so I thought).

Are you not able to select these seats when you consult your booking online, with your BlueBiz number associated with the booking?

Are you not able to select these seats when doing OLCI, with your BlueBiz number associated with the booking?

Waiting til you get to the airport is kind of leaving it to the very last minute...are you sure the website doesn't allow you to do this yourself?

(By the way - it is NOT an "upgrade". These are just seats with slightly more legroom. You are still going to be in Economy and you are still receiving Economy service. The fact that KLM expects people to pay for legroom doesn't actually make it an upgrade by any means).
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:54 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
I never bought any of these fares yet so I never had the chance to try it. The only BlueBiz perk which gets very useful is the free 23kgs bag on European legs.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Then I would advise you not to buy a Y, B, M fare just to obtain free seat selection.

The cheapest available economy fare will allow you to sit in an Economy Comfort seat upon payment of the relevant fee - which will be far cheaper than buying a Y, B, M fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.