Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1 hour 5 min layover in AMS - Is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2016, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM
1 hour 5 min layover in AMS - Is it possible?

Hello,

I have a reservation booked from DXB-AMS - 1h05m layover -AMS-JFK.

Do you think it is possible to make the connecting flight?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:58 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Anything is possible but given the size of the airport, if the arrival/departure gates aren't in the same terminal, I would be very uncomfortable with this. Actually, even if they were, I would be.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Nam88
Hello,

I have a reservation booked from DXB-AMS - 1h05m layover -AMS-JFK.

Do you think it is possible to make the connecting flight?
Yes, il is perfectly doable. AMS is a very easy airport to navigate around and make connections. I would not hesitate to book it.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: SAS eurobonus Flying Blue
This should be no problem, I have done 55 minutes connection time without problems, that was Schengen to non-Schengen
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:14 am

Should be no problem. If you booked the lay-over as part of your whole itinerary they will also re-book your flight should you miss the connection due to a delay in your first leg.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:27 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
If both flights are on KLM it will be ok ,assuming the first lands on time . If the second flight is operated by Delta then you have to go for a special check before you can go to the gate,that could slow things a lot
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Whodunit68
Anything is possible but given the size of the airport, if the arrival/departure gates aren't in the same terminal, I would be very uncomfortable with this. Actually, even if they were, I would be.
Schiphol has only one terminal
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:38 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by t0t1t2
Please excuse me, you're right, of course. I wanted to say "wing" but wrote terminal. Thanks for the correction.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Normally it will be possible, wouldn't hesistate to book it.

OP still has to go throught security to enter the terminal since his flight orignated at DXB.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA Pl, KL Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by t0t1t2
They have one terminal but several piers. There is a ton of construction going on there as well.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA 1k
On a similar topic, I'm travelling BRS to AMS on KLM with an onward, separately ticketed, departure to IAH with UA. Travelling with carry on only, what would be my expected gate to gate average time please. I am assuming that I need to reclear security but not passport control as I'm not entering the Schengen Zone.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by Richym99
On a similar topic, I'm travelling BRS to AMS on KLM with an onward, separately ticketed, departure to IAH with UA. Travelling with carry on only, what would be my expected gate to gate average time please. I am assuming that I need to reclear security but not passport control as I'm not entering the Schengen Zone.
I think you need to allow much more time than you need in case everything goes well. For instance plan on spending a night in Amsterdam, because in case your first flight gets delayed you miss your second flight and they won't rebook you because you are on separate tickets.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:29 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Arriving from BRS there's no need to clear security, unless of course you have checked bags.

Last edited by mfkne; Feb 14, 2016 at 3:37 am
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: UA 1k
Thank you both for the reply. I have a two and a half hour connection on a generally reliable flight, but also have the backup of same day change facility if need be on UA should something go wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.